Rear brake noise on Integra?

Old January 27th 05, 05:01 AM
rkfast

Default Rear brake noise on Integra?

95 Teg. Always had a high pitch noise when parking brake was released and
car began rolling at low speed. Once car gets over 15-20, it goes away
completely until next time car is cold. Normal on these cars? Because I
changed rotors, pads, inspected the calipers and replaced all four brake
sliders in the rear (they were all frozen) and low and behold the noise is
STILL there!

Old January 27th 05, 06:01 AM
SoCalMike

rkfast wrote:
> 95 Teg. Always had a high pitch noise when parking brake was released and
> car began rolling at low speed. Once car gets over 15-20, it goes away
> completely until next time car is cold. Normal on these cars? Because I
> changed rotors, pads, inspected the calipers and replaced all four brake
> sliders in the rear (they were all frozen) and low and behold the noise is
> STILL there!

do the rear rotors look a bit rusty before you drive it?
Old January 27th 05, 12:37 PM
rkfast

"SoCalMike" > wrote in message

> do the rear rotors look a bit rusty before you drive it?

Not really. Braking surfaces are "clean". The noise is not a "scrape" like
with a rock stuck in the rotor or from the wear sensor. Its almost like a
low pitched squeak.

Old January 27th 05, 04:50 PM
motsco_ _

rkfast wrote:
> 95 Teg. Always had a high pitch noise when parking brake was released and
> car began rolling at low speed. Once car gets over 15-20, it goes away
> completely until next time car is cold. Normal on these cars? Because I
> changed rotors, pads, inspected the calipers and replaced all four brake
> sliders in the rear (they were all frozen) and low and behold the noise is
> STILL there!

Did you do the work yourself, or who did it? When it comes to brake
noises, it's very important to be sure the anti-sieze compound gets
smeared between all the metal-to-metal points to prevent high-pitch
oscillations. I've been using CopprKote. It looks like copper colored
Vaseline.

TeGGEr's descriptions and pictures are EXCELLENT.....

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/rustybrakes/brakes1.html

'Curly'