Tiptronic chips?

Old October 28th 04, 08:27 AM
Pete

Default Tiptronic chips?

"Doug Warner" wrote

> Is anyone still selling modified software for the S4's transmission
> controller that can speed up the before, and after phases of the
> shift? (I suspect that item 2 has more to do with fluid passage sizes
> than computer controls.)

GIAC.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shar...CTipChips27t42

Cheers,

Pete

Old October 29th 04, 02:26 AM
Glenn Spence

There is a way to reprogram the transmission to provide stiffer/shorter
shifts. I've done it on my '00A6 2.7 and it's worth the effort. You need a
tool like Vag-Com ( or a willing dealer). Check the following AudiWorld
link for more. I think it applies to your trans but.......
http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articl...nsmission.html

GRS

"Doug Warner" > wrote in message

I'm considering buying a 2002 Tiptronic S4 Avant, mainly because these
are the only ones that turn up, and partly because of Atlanta's
traffic...

One thing though. when I took a test drive in 02, there were two
things I didn't like about it:

1. Manual mode shifting was very slow, in that I could push the stick
for a change, and get my hand back on the wheel before it even started
to shift. I'd much prefer it do the shift immediately, and not some
time later.

2. The actual shifts were very soft, with the engagement spread over
time, which increases wear on the clutch packs in the interest of
smoothness. I'm used to my 84 Volvo's shifting, which engages the
next gear with a solid thump in the back.. At 200K, it's been without
problem..

Is anyone still selling modified software for the S4's transmission
controller that can speed up the before, and after phases of the
shift? (I suspect that item 2 has more to do with fluid passage sizes
than computer controls.)

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

Old October 29th 04, 03:40 AM
Mike Smith

Glenn Spence wrote:

> There is a way to reprogram the transmission to provide stiffer/shorter
> shifts. I've done it on my '00A6 2.7 and it's worth the effort. You need a
> tool like Vag-Com ( or a willing dealer). Check the following AudiWorld
> link for more. I think it applies to your trans but.......
> http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articl...nsmission.html

I tried the VAG-COM thing on my Passat. It seemed to work for one test
drive, then reset to its usual slushiness. I see AWE has a dealer in
Queens, might be worth a drive other there.

--
Mike Smith