I think I saw a Golf V in Ontario

Old October 12th 04, 03:20 AM
Rob Guenther

Default I think I saw a Golf V in Ontario

Was driving along Highway 400 in Ontario and in the opposite flow of traffic
I saw a Golf with grey mouldings (dark grey on a silver car) on the bumpers
and door panels, the mouldings were larger then the (body coloured anyways)
A4 style ones... and the headlights looked a little different... couldn't
really catch the tail lights (traffic got in the way, and I was doing 120kph
in one direction, while he was going ~100+ in the other direction).... The
kicker - it had a RED liscence plate on it - These are government plates in
Canada... I've seen German envoys in Ottawa in G320's with the red
plates.... a car that wasn't imported over here for sure... I'm thinking it
was some european diplomat or whatnot going for a drive or something.

Another note - there was no DTRL's running on this car, all Golf's sold in
Canada have them...

Think it's possible I saw a Golf V, anyone from Europe who's seen one, what
do the mouldings on the body look like?

Old October 12th 04, 04:22 AM
Al Rudderham

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:20:23 -0400, "Rob Guenther"

Check out http://showrooms.volkswagen.de/golf/ and see for yourself.

--
Remove preceding and trailing X from username for replies
(Sorry, but I'm SICK of spam...)
Old October 12th 04, 09:27 PM
Rob Guenther

Yah, looked like the car 2nd picture down... So they can import over cars
from Europe that easily if it's for the government then?

Old October 13th 04, 01:10 AM
Ken Sternberg

I saw a couple of A5 Golfs in Europe the other week. The tail lights
have a distinctive round lamp within them, and the front hood is
definitely shorter and more rounded, like a Toyota Echo or something.
Old October 13th 04, 01:43 AM
Al Rudderham

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:27:06 -0400, "Rob Guenther"
> wrote:

>Yah, looked like the car 2nd picture down... So they can import over cars
>from Europe that easily if it's for the government then?

If it really had diplomatic (red) plates on it, then they can probably
do whatever they want.

Old October 13th 04, 02:04 AM
Matt B.

"Rob Guenther" > wrote in message
. ..
>Yah, looked like the car 2nd picture down... So they can import over cars
>from Europe that easily if it's for the government then?

Could it have been a diplomat plate of some sort?

Old October 13th 04, 04:00 AM
wewu

Red Ontario plates is diplomatic corps. They can import whatever vehicles
they want, tax free!

Old October 13th 04, 10:03 PM
Rob Guenther

Thats what the red plates are for I believe...

Old October 13th 04, 10:04 PM
Rob Guenther

Thanks for the info.... How do I become a diplomat ;-).
"wewu" > wrote in message
> Red Ontario plates is diplomatic corps. They can import whatever vehicles
> they want, tax free!
>

> "Rob Guenther" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Was driving along Highway 400 in Ontario and in the opposite flow of

> traffic
>> I saw a Golf with grey mouldings (dark grey on a silver car) on the

> bumpers
>> and door panels, the mouldings were larger then the (body coloured

> anyways)
>> A4 style ones... and the headlights looked a little different... couldn't
>> really catch the tail lights (traffic got in the way, and I was doing

> 120kph
>> in one direction, while he was going ~100+ in the other direction)....
>> The
>> kicker - it had a RED liscence plate on it - These are government plates

> in
>> Canada... I've seen German envoys in Ottawa in G320's with the red
>> plates.... a car that wasn't imported over here for sure... I'm thinking

> it
>> was some european diplomat or whatnot going for a drive or something.
>>
>> Another note - there was no DTRL's running on this car, all Golf's sold
>> in
>> Canada have them...
>>
>> Think it's possible I saw a Golf V, anyone from Europe who's seen one,

> what
>> do the mouldings on the body look like?

Golf carb tuning?/ cutting out Jason Fox VW air cooled 0 December 29th 04 05:24 PM
Golf GTI MK1 and Golf Cabrio VW water cooled 0 October 11th 04 09:28 PM
Golf vs. GTI dmkozak VW water cooled 15 October 9th 04 08:25 PM
2 Door Golf TDI Mr.Eddy VW water cooled 12 October 8th 04 01:03 AM
Golf III service indicator U. Genzmer VW water cooled 0 October 6th 04 10:46 PM