New Z06 HP figures?

Old February 12th 05, 07:16 PM
David Algie

Default New Z06 HP figures?

I have read different articles about the new Z06 engine, best I found is
that it will be a 427 bored and stroked LS1, with 500hp. Anyone confirm
this, or more details? I use these engines in aircraft and this would be a
great upgrade!

--
David Algie
Algie Composite Aircraft

Old February 12th 05, 07:39 PM
Bob I

No, it's an LS7 with 500 horses and 475 lbft.

Old February 12th 05, 09:33 PM
David Algie

Do you know if the CI is 427? or that would be about 7.2 litres I think.
When will this car be available?

--
David Algie
Algie Composite Aircraft

Old February 13th 05, 01:23 AM
Bob I

~7liter or 427 cu.in. 3rd Quarter '05

lotsa info here

http://www.crossedflags.com/nuke/htm...wtopic&t=14959

Old February 13th 05, 02:01 AM
Bob I

Oh and here is the "official site"!

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvettez06/

Old February 13th 05, 04:54 AM
David Algie

Thanks for the info!

--
David Algie
Algie Composite Aircraft

Old February 15th 05, 09:36 PM
Charlie Funk

And a buddy of mine who works at GM says the only way it makes less than 500
hp at full throttle is if the ignition is turned off. This engine is a
beast. If the TRUE horsepower were made public it would be breath taking
according to my buddy. Apparently there is a threat of being drawn and
quartered at GM to even talk just yet about the real specs. Using the
ratings method for the late 60's - early 70's when last Chevy made an LS7,
this is a 640 hp mechanical device with an attitude limited only by the fuel
cutoff at 7000 rpm.

--
Charlie Funk
Just Cruisin' Plus

Old February 15th 05, 10:15 PM
bad65

Are there any cost figures available for the new Z06? The performance of
this beast sounds like a "wet dream".

Old February 16th 05, 02:46 AM
Bob I

"Rumor has it" 65k, but numbers fly around 62.5 to 75. Should be posted
by the end of June first of July.