I'm Not the Only One Who Hates Driving in Tucson

Old February 6th 05, 09:03 PM
Phxbrd

Default I'm Not the Only One Who Hates Driving in Tucson

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> Take the quiz and tell us how well you do.
>
> http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/metro/60194.php

Multiply all problems by 9.7 and you'll have an approximation of driving in
Phoenix. I'm amazed every day by how ****in stoopid so many drivers here
are. You take your life in your hands....

Old February 7th 05, 01:03 AM
Larry J.

Waiving the right to remain silent, "Phxbrd"
> said:

> "Scott en Aztl*n" > wrote in message
>> Take the quiz and tell us how well you do.
>>
>> http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/metro/60194.php

> Multiply all problems by 9.7 and you'll have an approximation of
> driving in Phoenix. I'm amazed every day by how ****in stoopid
> so many drivers here are. You take your life in your hands....

What do you expect in a state where they hand out driver's licenses
that are good for 20 years..?

The United States is the greatest country in the world..!
Twenty-five million illegal aliens can't be wrong.
Old February 7th 05, 03:16 AM
Phxbrd

"Larry J." > wrote in message
> Waiving the right to remain silent, "Phxbrd"
> > said:
>
> > "Scott en Aztl n" > wrote in message
> >> Take the quiz and tell us how well you do.
> >>
> >> http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/metro/60194.php

> > Multiply all problems by 9.7 and you'll have an approximation of
> > driving in Phoenix. I'm amazed every day by how ****in stoopid
> > so many drivers here are. You take your life in your hands....

> What do you expect in a state where they hand out driver's licenses
> that are good for 20 years..?

Some simple law enforcement would be nice. Cops are seen only at accident
scenes. Our current system is clearly wrong....

Old February 7th 05, 04:05 AM
Larry J.

Waiving the right to remain silent, "Phxbrd"
> said:

> "Larry J." > wrote in message
>> Waiving the right to remain silent, "Phxbrd"
>> > said:
>>
>> > "Scott en Aztl n" > wrote in
>> > message ...

>> > Multiply all problems by 9.7 and you'll have an approximation
>> > of driving in Phoenix. I'm amazed every day by how ****in
>> > stoopid so many drivers here are. You take your life in your
>> > hands....

>> What do you expect in a state where they hand out driver's
>> licenses that are good for 20 years..?

> Some simple law enforcement would be nice. Cops are seen only
> at accident scenes. Our current system is clearly wrong....

I'm driving the north 101 Loop these days. The cops are out there in
force lately. I've seen them pull over several crazy speeders. I'm
all for that...

Old February 7th 05, 04:14 AM
Phxbrd

"Larry J." > wrote in message
> Waiving the right to remain silent, "Phxbrd"
> > said:
>
> > "Larry J." > wrote in message
> >> Waiving the right to remain silent, "Phxbrd"

> >> What do you expect in a state where they hand out driver's
> >> licenses that are good for 20 years..?

> > Some simple law enforcement would be nice. Cops are seen only
> > at accident scenes. Our current system is clearly wrong....

> I'm driving the north 101 Loop these days. The cops are out there in
> force lately. I've seen them pull over several crazy speeders. I'm
> all for that...

While in the meantime all other dangerous violations all over the valley are
ignored. Speed has yet to kill the first motorist. It's the unplanned
stops what does ya in - frequently caused by buttheads driving too
slow/wrong lane for traffic conditions. Italy licenses drivers according to
real ability. On 60 Minutes, Mike Wallace rode with a Lamborghini factory
driver licensed to drive 200 mph on 2 lane highways. Here, the dumb****er
law "enforcers" still swear that "SPEED KILLS".

Old February 7th 05, 03:46 PM
Phxbrd

"Cosmic Dawg, Legally Blond" > wrote
in message ...

One more ****in stoopid driver identified....

Old February 7th 05, 03:49 PM
Phxbrd

"Cosmic Dawg, Legally Blond" > wrote
in message ...
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 21:14:46 -0700, "Phxbrd"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Larry J." > wrote in message
> >> Waiving the right to remain silent, "Phxbrd"

> >> I'm driving the north 101 Loop these days. The cops are out there in
> >> force lately. I've seen them pull over several crazy speeders. I'm
> >> all for that...

> >While in the meantime all other dangerous violations all over the valley

are
> >ignored. Speed has yet to kill the first motorist. It's the unplanned
> >stops what does ya in - frequently caused by buttheads driving too
> >slow/wrong lane for traffic conditions. Italy licenses drivers according

> >real ability. On 60 Minutes, Mike Wallace rode with a Lamborghini

factory
> >driver licensed to drive 200 mph on 2 lane highways. Here, the

dumb****er
> >law "enforcers" still swear that "SPEED KILLS".
> >

> I've always thought that kind of graduated license system would be a
> great idea. I'm afraid it would be a hard sell here because we all
> have to be EQUAL.

You've never heard of motorcycle or chauffeur licenses?

Old February 7th 05, 08:35 PM
Mike Z. Helm

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 20:16:46 -0700, "Phxbrd"

>"Larry J." > wrote in message
>> Waiving the right to remain silent, "Phxbrd"
>> > said:

>> > Multiply all problems by 9.7 and you'll have an approximation of
>> > driving in Phoenix. I'm amazed every day by how ****in stoopid
>> > so many drivers here are. You take your life in your hands....

>> What do you expect in a state where they hand out driver's licenses
>> that are good for 20 years..?

>Some simple law enforcement would be nice. Cops are seen only at accident
>scenes. Our current system is clearly wrong....

Enforcement of red light running would go a long way towards eliminating
accidents.

It's so bad that I routinely see people turning left AFTER the light
turns red - and I do mean they enter the intersection after it's red,
not simply that it turns red while they're still in it.
Old February 7th 05, 08:36 PM
Mike Z. Helm

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:46:10 -0700, "Phxbrd"

When judging whether a driver is ****in stoopid or not, I think we
should assume ****in stoopid until proven not ****in stoopid.
Old February 7th 05, 09:45 PM
Phxbrd

"Mike Z. Helm" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 20:16:46 -0700, "Phxbrd"
> >

> >"Larry J." > wrote in message
> >> Waiving the right to remain silent, "Phxbrd"

> >> What do you expect in a state where they hand out driver's licenses
> >> that are good for 20 years..?

> >Some simple law enforcement would be nice. Cops are seen only at

accident
> >scenes. Our current system is clearly wrong....
> >

> Enforcement of red light running would go a long way towards eliminating
> accidents.
>
> It's so bad that I routinely see people turning left AFTER the light
> turns red - and I do mean they enter the intersection after it's red,
> not simply that it turns red while they're still in it.

People here whined about stoplight cameras a few years back, but as far as
I'm concerned they can put them on every major intersection. How many lives
could be saved? **** the useless cops.

Another traffic slower that assumes illegality is the way to go is the way
nearly everyone illegally changes lanes during intersection turns in either
direction. Flow would improve if southbounders could come from east and
west simultaneously, with each staying in their respective lanes. When I
try to set it up, the other guy invariably locks his brakes and starts
honking me. They're certain I'm wrong....

opinon of BFG 31 AT KO used tire and rim purchase ufatbastehd Jeep 9 January 28th 05 03:49 AM
HEMI's HOT Luke Smith Driving 208 December 19th 04 05:27 PM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM
Tucson Antique Car Driving Luke Antique cars 2 February 9th 04 10:03 AM