Sloth Wastes Road Capacity

Old June 26th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road

Default Sloth Wastes Road Capacity

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Took the family up to Pasadena yesterday (we had dinner at Houston's -
> fascinating place). Since the 710 extension tunnels are not built yet,
> we too the 5 up to the 605 and the 210 across - the Arroyo Seco
> alternative is just scary.
>
> Anyway, I noticed a larger than usual number of -10 Sloths on the
> roads yesterday. Like the proverbial stone in the stream, cars in the
> lane behind the Sloth are pinned down by full-speed traffic whizzing
> past in the adjacent lanes, so traffic backs up behind the Sloth and a
> HUGE empty space develops in front. Occasionally there would be 2 or
> even 3 of these jerkoffs driving side-by-side, forming a rolling
> roadblock just like the one those college punks in Atlanta created a
> few months back.
>
> And then there are the well-known safety issues caused by Sloth.
> Drivers pinned behind a Sloth desperately want to escape. They become
> angry (Claybrookian PC types call this "Road Rage"), and may take
> greater risks. In addition to a waste of capacity, Sloth is a rolling
> road hazard. Sloth Kills!
>
> It should be obvious that the number of cars that will pass any given
> reference point on the road will be fewer in the Sloth lanes than in
> the lanes where everyone is driving at the common speed of traffic -
> kinda like a bathroom sink with a hair clog drains more slowly than a
> sink with an unobstructed drain. So why the big hue and cry to widen
> freeways? Wider roads take years to build, reduce capacity while under
> construction, cost billions of dollars, and destroy neighborhoods and
> animal habitat. Wouldn't it be cheaper to simply get rid of the
> capacity-sapping Sloth drivers, either through better training or, if
> they just can't get it, revocation of their licenses (or, at the very
> least, restricting them to surface streets)?
>
> Outlaw Sloth and overnight our roads will become safer and have more
> usable capacity - all at a fraction of the cost of widening.

In short, these people are stealing road throughput to which you have a
right.

I suggest a technological modification to their cars to prevent them
from slowing down. If they get all bent out of shape because they "need
to stop," just remind them they'll run out of gas eventually.

Old June 26th 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road

In article . com>, Pete from Boston wrote:

> I suggest a technological modification to their cars to prevent them
> from slowing down. If they get all bent out of shape because they "need
> to stop," just remind them they'll run out of gas eventually.

Forced lane changes to the right would be just fine.

Old June 26th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road

Brent P wrote:
> In article . com>, Pete from Boston wrote:
>
> > I suggest a technological modification to their cars to prevent them
> > from slowing down. If they get all bent out of shape because they "need
> > to stop," just remind them they'll run out of gas eventually.

> Forced lane changes to the right would be just fine.

My reading is that the OP is not content to accept anything but maximum
throughput in every lane.

Old June 26th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road

Default Sloth Wastes Road Capacity and saves lives and $

Pete from Boston wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
> > In article . com>, Pete from Boston wrote:
> >
> > > I suggest a technological modification to their cars to prevent them
> > > from slowing down. If they get all bent out of shape because they "need
> > > to stop," just remind them they'll run out of gas eventually.

> > Forced lane changes to the right would be just fine.

> My reading is that the OP is not content to accept anything but maximum
> throughput in every lane.

The OP is a psychopath and loves killing innocent people with his
speeding.

Old June 26th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend ****ted in rec.autos.driving:

> The OP is a psychopath and loves killing innocent people with his
> speeding.

Post a cite where the OP has been convicted of killing anyone,
buttmunch.

--
Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend defends a known *DRUNK DRIVER*:

"Teddy went off a single lane bridge with no guard rail at night.
The real killer was the idiot who built the bridge. Next question."
--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/laura bush - VEHICULAR
HOMICIDE
June 20th, 2006
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/zlnyz
Message ID:
Old June 27th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:19:03 -0400, necromancer

Old June 27th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

> laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE said in rec.autos.driving:
> On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:19:03 -0400, necromancer
> > wrote:
>
> >Laura Bush murdered her boy friend ****ted in rec.autos.driving:
> >
> >> The OP is a psychopath and loves killing innocent people with his
> >> speeding.

> >Post a cite where the OP has been convicted of killing anyone,
> >buttmunch.

Talking to yourself, loser? Damn, it must suck to be you!

"There's not a shred of evidence that the jerries murdered anything
close to 7 million jooz. Another monstrous lie just like the 9-11
official story. "

-- Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend, 12/01/2004
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/9oog5
Old June 27th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road

On 26 Jun 2006 08:22:11 -0700, "Pete from Boston"
> wrote:

>Brent P wrote:
>> In article . com>, Pete from Boston wrote:
>>
>> > I suggest a technological modification to their cars to prevent them
>> > from slowing down. If they get all bent out of shape because they "need
>> > to stop," just remind them they'll run out of gas eventually.

>> Forced lane changes to the right would be just fine.

>My reading is that the OP is not content to accept anything but maximum
>throughput in every lane.

Well yeah, sloth idiots frequently read it that way.