Chrysler unlikely to last a year

Old January 8th 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

Default Chrysler unlikely to last a year

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...SS02/901080377

Perce
Old January 8th 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Jim Higgins

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

> http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...SS02/901080377
>

> Perce

Nardelli was there, begging bowl in hand, to rip off the taxpayers. How
kind of us to bail out private companies and the UAW.

--
Civis Romanus Sum
Old January 9th 09, 12:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
News

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

> http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...SS02/901080377

Duff due diligence...
Old January 9th 09, 08:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
David E. Powell

Bad news piles on bad news. Their sales are apparently really hard
hit.

I see tons of Chargers, some Challengers and some new 300s on the
streets though. They do have cars that can sell.

I looked at a car lot and the materials quality needs work though.
Old January 10th 09, 06:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Some O

In article
"David E. Powell" > wrote:

> Bad news piles on bad news. Their sales are apparently really hard
> hit.
>
> I see tons of Chargers, some Challengers and some new 300s on the
> streets though. They do have cars that can sell.
>
> I looked at a car lot and the materials quality needs work though.

Yes some Chrysler models sell, like those you mentioned plus some Jeeps,
but they lost customers like me who were repeat buyers of their mid
sized FWD cars. The Sebring is the right size, but it has design
problems, such as lack of full sized spare capability and a short life
2.7L V6 engine, and more flawed details.
I considered the Compass, I like the drive train and form, except for
the ugly Jeep like front and the crude interior finishing.
If I were to buy that type of vehicle it would be a Nissan Rogue.
Old January 10th 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

On 01/10/09 01:55 pm Some O wrote:

>> I see tons of Chargers, some Challengers and some new 300s on the
>> streets though. They do have cars that can sell.
>>
>> I looked at a car lot and the materials quality needs work though.

> Yes some Chrysler models sell, like those you mentioned plus some Jeeps,
> but they lost customers like me who were repeat buyers of their mid
> sized FWD cars. The Sebring is the right size, but it has design
> problems, such as lack of full sized spare capability and a short life
> 2.7L V6 engine, and more flawed details.
> I considered the Compass, I like the drive train and form, except for
> the ugly Jeep like front and the crude interior finishing.
> If I were to buy that type of vehicle it would be a Nissan Rogue.

We had a Stratus ES, which I suppose had substantially the same engine
as in the 2.7L V6 Sebring. Despite having had the timing belt replaced
at about 65K miles along with a water pump replacement, the thing blew
up at 85K -- broken timing belt; we junked it. A family member junked a
Sebring with transmission failure.

We like our '02 300M, but I don't see any current Chrysler Corp. vehicle
that I'd buy.

Perce

Old January 10th 09, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

> We had a Stratus ES, which I suppose had substantially the same engine
> as in the 2.7L V6 Sebring. Despite having had the timing belt replaced
> at about 65K miles along with a water pump replacement, the thing blew
> up at 85K -- broken timing belt;...

Can't be. The 2.7L has a timing *chain* - not something you'd normally
replace until the miles were really up there, and then only because the
water pump is driven off of it.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old January 10th 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe Pfeiffer

"Percival P. Cassidy" > writes:

> On 01/10/09 01:55 pm Some O wrote:
>
>>> I see tons of Chargers, some Challengers and some new 300s on the
>>> streets though. They do have cars that can sell.
>>>
>>> I looked at a car lot and the materials quality needs work though.

>> Yes some Chrysler models sell, like those you mentioned plus some Jeeps,
>> but they lost customers like me who were repeat buyers of their mid
>> sized FWD cars. The Sebring is the right size, but it has design
>> problems, such as lack of full sized spare capability and a short life
>> 2.7L V6 engine, and more flawed details.
>> I considered the Compass, I like the drive train and form, except for
>> the ugly Jeep like front and the crude interior finishing.
>> If I were to buy that type of vehicle it would be a Nissan Rogue.

> We had a Stratus ES, which I suppose had substantially the same engine
> as in the 2.7L V6 Sebring. Despite having had the timing belt replaced
> at about 65K miles along with a water pump replacement, the thing blew
> up at 85K -- broken timing belt; we junked it. A family member junked
> a Sebring with transmission failure.

If it had a timing belt, it didn't have an engine even resembling the
2.7.

Old January 10th 09, 08:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Some O wrote:

> ...The Sebring is the right size, but it has design
> problems, such as...a short life
> 2.7L V6 engine,...

Are the 2.7L's that come in the newer platforms giving problems. I
thought its issues had pretty much been fixed.

I can't imagine them designing it into the new cars if they hadn't been
fixed. Could they be that stupid - umm - cancel that. But seriously -
are the 2.7's that they put in now giving problems?

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old January 11th 09, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

On 01/10/09 03:03 pm Bill Putney wrote:

>> We had a Stratus ES, which I suppose had substantially the same engine
>> as in the 2.7L V6 Sebring. Despite having had the timing belt replaced
>> at about 65K miles along with a water pump replacement, the thing blew
>> up at 85K -- broken timing belt;...

> Can't be. The 2.7L has a timing *chain* - not something you'd normally
> replace until the miles were really up there, and then only because the
> water pump is driven off of it.

I stand corrected then. I ASS+U+MEd that the 2.7 was simply a
larger-capacity variant of the 2.5.

Perce