specimens of humanity- Part I

Old April 1st 05, 03:24 AM
Magnulus

Default specimens of humanity- Part I

My brother driving home had the car die on him- the check engine light had
come on for a few minutes and the engine was "missing" occasionally. I was
a passenger. He coasted off the road and stopped near a T-intersection with
a small dirt road. I turned on the flashers, we let the car sit for a
minute. A guy in a Harley pulls up and starts cussing us out, using very
bad language. He wasn't wearing a helmet, either. We cracked the window
and shouted that the car died, but his belligerent attitude continued As he
drove off he shouted "You should have parked on the ****ing road". We were
really puzzled? A two lane road- did he really expect us to just park in a
two lane road so his stupid organ donor ass didn't have to be
inconvenienced? I was secretly hoping for a brief moment that this guy
would turn off and get smashed by traffic, but then I realized there could
be some liability for us, so I buried that thought.

The car started up and drove another twenty miles, the car was running
fine, we got home fine, but we were very rattled. Is this country just
going to hell? Why does everybody have such a big chip on their shoulder.
Or does this just confirm what I've always suspected- that motorcyclists
really are assholes.

Old April 1st 05, 03:35 AM
223rem

You are one weird dude. So you suspected all along that
motorcyclists were assholes?!
Old April 1st 05, 03:58 AM
The Real Bev

Magnulus wrote:

> My brother driving home had the car die on him- the check engine light had
> come on for a few minutes and the engine was "missing" occasionally. I was
> a passenger. He coasted off the road and stopped near a T-intersection with
> a small dirt road. I turned on the flashers, we let the car sit for a
> minute. A guy in a Harley pulls up and starts cussing us out, using very
> bad language. He wasn't wearing a helmet, either. We cracked the window
> and shouted that the car died, but his belligerent attitude continued As he
> drove off he shouted "You should have parked on the ****ing road". We were
> really puzzled? A two lane road- did he really expect us to just park in a
> two lane road so his stupid organ donor ass didn't have to be
> inconvenienced? I was secretly hoping for a brief moment that this guy
> would turn off and get smashed by traffic, but then I realized there could
> be some liability for us, so I buried that thought.
>
> The car started up and drove another twenty miles, the car was running
> fine, we got home fine, but we were very rattled. Is this country just
> going to hell? Why does everybody have such a big chip on their shoulder.
> Or does this just confirm what I've always suspected- that motorcyclists
> really are assholes.

Let me get this straight: Your car was running badly so you pulled OFF the
2-lane road, presumably onto the shoulder or equivalent. The biker thought
you were supposed to stop IN the road in order that HE not be inconvenienced?
The only way this makes any sense at all is if he had no headlight and was
following your taillights. Even then, it only makes marginal sense...

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old April 1st 05, 03:59 AM
223rem

The Real Bev wrote:

> Let me get this straight: Your car was running badly so you pulled OFF the
> 2-lane road, presumably onto the shoulder or equivalent. The biker thought
> you were supposed to stop IN the road in order that HE not be inconvenienced?
> The only way this makes any sense at all is if he had no headlight and was
> following your taillights. Even then, it only makes marginal sense...

It will all become clear in Part II
Old April 1st 05, 04:09 AM
C.H.

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 02:35:32 +0000, 223rem wrote:

> You are one weird dude. So you suspected all along that
> motorcyclists were assholes?!

Motorcyclists are no more assholes than cagers.

I drive. I ride. I try to be nice to people regardless what vehicle I am
in/on. Idiots can be found on both sides of the fence.

Chris

Old April 1st 05, 05:05 AM
Magnulus

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
news

> How could you hear him over his loud exhaust?

I don't know. Maybe he hadn't gotten around to chopping off the muffler.

I do understand why the guy was angry, and I think my brother shouldn't
have pulled off right next to the road at the intersection (I would) have
gotten further off, so at the least I could have gotten out of the car
safely). But this guys unnecessarily foul mouth and bad temper were
shocking. I almost wonder if I don't need to carry around a gun or baseball
bat with me.

Old April 1st 05, 05:07 AM
Magnulus

"The Real Bev" > wrote in message
> Let me get this straight: Your car was running badly so you pulled OFF

the
> 2-lane road, presumably onto the shoulder or equivalent. The biker

thought
> you were supposed to stop IN the road in order that HE not be

inconvenienced?
> The only way this makes any sense at all is if he had no headlight and was
> following your taillights. Even then, it only makes marginal sense...

Maybe my brother heard him wrong- maybe he actually said "Next time don't
park in the road". My brother wasn't very far on the shoulder. Still, he
was an asshole. If he's so worried about crashing into something, why
doesn't he wear a helmet?

Old April 1st 05, 09:34 AM
Dave Head

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:05:15 -0500, "Magnulus" > wrote:

>"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
>news
>>
>> How could you hear him over his loud exhaust?

> I don't know. Maybe he hadn't gotten around to chopping off the muffler.
>
> I do understand why the guy was angry, and I think my brother shouldn't
>have pulled off right next to the road at the intersection (I would) have
>gotten further off, so at the least I could have gotten out of the car
>safely). But this guys unnecessarily foul mouth and bad temper were
>shocking. I almost wonder if I don't need to carry around a gun or baseball
>bat with me.

_Everybody_ needs to carry around a gun... its just that few realize it, and
lots of places prohibit it and expect you to simply die if attacked.

Dave Head

Old April 1st 05, 12:50 PM
John David Galt

> Motorcyclists are no more assholes than cagers.

I agree.

Galt's Law: Half a percent of the people in any group are assholes, but
those are the ones you'll notice first and remember longest.
Old April 1st 05, 03:42 PM
John Harlow

"All Sweeping Generalizations Are Wrong"

I ride a motorcycle and I'm always kind and considerate, you cullionly
flap-mouthed vassal!