Tuscani Elisa !?

Old March 31st 04, 04:51 PM
Andrew Sasak

Default Tuscani Elisa !?

I wrote the below message when I thought it was a "Tuscan Elisa" and
couldn't find any info about it. After finishing this message, I decided to
see if it was a special version of the Hyundai and it was. I've decided to
still post the message, maybe it will be interesting for somebody.

Monday afternoon I shared the highway for about an hour with a sports coupe
that reminded me a lot of a Hyundai Tiburon, only much classier, and much
more potent. I swear it was a Tuscan (make) Elisa (model). I remember the
emblem as being a circle enclosing a yellow T resembling the Tennessee
Titans symbol only broader. The bottom of the T was arrowish. Looking at the
back of the car Tuscan was written on the left and "Elisa" was much smaller
and on the lower right, with numbers which I assume indicated the
displacement (1.8?, I can't remember). At the time I didn't think it looked
at all like a TVR (the headlights and everything else were too different)
and Elisa reminded me of a Lotus Elise. I was wondering if it was a rebodied
Elise or something to deal with crash testing restrictions or something like
that. Looking at pictures of the Elise today, I think it looked very
similar, only I don't think there was a removable roof panel. I'm really
curious as there doesn't seem to be any such make as a Tuscan, I'm sure it
said Tuscan, and I'm sure that I would have recognized a Lotus emblem.
--
to reply, remove Big10 from address