Fits - high demand

Old November 19th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Samson

Default Fits - high demand

I am thinking about buying a Fit at some point. I live in the SF Bay
Area and Fits are in high demand. Does anyone have a feeling for when
we will see enough Fits on the lots so that the dealerships won't be
charging a premium? I will not buy a car for over the MSRP.

\Samson
Old November 19th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Earle Horton[_8_]

In 3-4 years there should be plenty, both new and used. When I lived in
Seattle at the height of the software boom dealers were adding "Market Rate
Adjustment" of $2000-$3000 over MSRP to all the popular models. Are they
still doing that? I wound up paying invoice plus $150 for the vehicle I
wanted. You have to convince them that you want the vehicle, but you also
want to pay fleet price. It's not hard.

Earle

Old November 19th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Samson

I gave my name to a salesman at a local dealership and he called me
back about six weeks later saying that a new shipment had just come
in. When asked he told me that they are getting $2500 of MSRP. I
said I wasn't interested.

Costco has referred me to a dealership 50 miles away and I called and
left a message but the guy never called back. The Costco guy (not the
dealership salesman, said that they always can get the car for less
than MSRP.

I'm curious why do you think it will be 3-4 years? U was thinking
more like 3-4 months, not because of the economy but because it is new
model (for the US).

\Samson

"Earle Horton" > wrote:

>In 3-4 years there should be plenty, both new and used. When I lived in
>Seattle at the height of the software boom dealers were adding "Market Rate
>Adjustment" of $2000-$3000 over MSRP to all the popular models. Are they
>still doing that? I wound up paying invoice plus $150 for the vehicle I
>wanted. You have to convince them that you want the vehicle, but you also
>want to pay fleet price. It's not hard.
>
>Earle

.. .

Old November 19th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Samson

Just called back the dealer and this time he answered the phone and
gave me this info: He will have a larger order in stock in 4-6 weeks
and Costco's price will be $100 under MSRP. He also said that he
expects the supply to go up significantly in about six months. I
didn't ask him what he based that on.

\Samson

also in message below I meant to say "I was thinking...." not "U was
thinking.... " typo.

Samson > wrote:

>I gave my name to a salesman at a local dealership and he called me
>back about six weeks later saying that a new shipment had just come
>in. When asked he told me that they are getting $2500 of MSRP. I
>said I wasn't interested.
>
>Costco has referred me to a dealership 50 miles away and I called and
>left a message but the guy never called back. The Costco guy (not the
>dealership salesman, said that they always can get the car for less
>than MSRP.
>
>I'm curious why do you think it will be 3-4 years? U was thinking
>more like 3-4 months, not because of the economy but because it is new
>model (for the US).
>
>\Samson
>

>"Earle Horton" > wrote:
>
>>In 3-4 years there should be plenty, both new and used. When I lived in
>>Seattle at the height of the software boom dealers were adding "Market Rate
>>Adjustment" of $2000-$3000 over MSRP to all the popular models. Are they
>>still doing that? I wound up paying invoice plus $150 for the vehicle I
>>wanted. You have to convince them that you want the vehicle, but you also
>>want to pay fleet price. It's not hard.
>>
>>Earle

. ..

Old November 19th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Earle Horton[_8_]

3-4 months may get you down to MSRP, but 3-4 years will get you prices like
any other run of the mill vehicle. The down side of waiting that long, is
that you may become bored with the look by then. Try again in six months.
If you can't wait that long, pay a premium to get what you want.

Earle

Old November 20th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
stvnjns

Since you are in SF Bay Area ~ I would suggest it may be worth trying
the Livermore Honda "Internet service". I had very good luck, price
was right and no haggle. You can get a quote through the "kb.com". I
bought a 06 Accord and love it. No affiliation.