"Fixing" my rear window

Old January 13th 09, 09:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

Default "Fixing" my rear window

I purchased one of these kits for my '96, whose rear window is browned and
cracked. I figured this solution is cheap and if the results are
unsatisfactory, I can always go to a more sophisticated fix. I wonder if
anyone here has experience with this. On miata.net one poster had a problem
with the supplied glue and used Goop instead. I wonder if I should do that
as well. Any advice? Thanks.

The product:

http://www.emiata.com/TintedWindow.asp

miata.net comments:

http://www.miata.net/products/body/emiata_window.html

Thanks for any help.

Old January 13th 09, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article > ,
"Frank Berger" > wrote:

> I purchased one of these kits for my '96, whose rear window is browned and
> cracked. I figured this solution is cheap and if the results are
> unsatisfactory, I can always go to a more sophisticated fix. I wonder if
> anyone here has experience with this.

Not the kit, but when I bought my car in 1997, I found the previous
owner had had a new piece of plastic sewn in, presumably by a top or
boat cover shop. It's never leaked or caused other problems, and the
repair isn't visible from the outside. Still on the car, BTW.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO