Traveling by yourself.

Old April 25th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Traveling by yourself.

If anyone is look for an adventure in this great country....read Blue
Highways by William Least Heat Moon and try out his journey along the
eastern, southern, and northern routes. That's quite a story.....the
blue in blue highways refers to the color of the highways marked in his
travel map. Its quite a story.

Larry
retired librarian

Old April 25th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"larry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
: If anyone is look for an adventure in this great country....read Blue
: Highways by William Least Heat Moon and try out his journey along the
: eastern, southern, and northern routes. That's quite a story.....the
: blue in blue highways refers to the color of the highways marked in his
: travel map. Its quite a story.
:
: Larry
: retired librarian

Sounds like a good read Larry.
I love books on tape when traveling or when I used to have a long commute.

Tom Bodet is always fun
http://www.bodett.com/
and I listened to one once about a guy that hiked the Appalachian trail that
was a real good one. Another about the first cross country automobile trip.

One of my all time favorite stories I have only seen in a movie though, it's
titled Straight Talk. About an old man that rides his john Deere lawn
tractor several hundred miles to see his brother. It's just a really good
wholesome story.

I'll look and see if I can find Blue Highways one of these days

Kate

Old April 25th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Was it "From Sea to Sea in a Curved Dash Oldsmobile"? Quite an adventure.

Ralph

Old April 26th 06, 01:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Pumper Hinkle" > wrote in message
ink.net...
: Was it "From Sea to Sea in a Curved Dash Oldsmobile"? Quite an
adventure.
:
: Ralph
: