VW Trends

Old December 28th 04, 09:16 PM
Bill Berckman

Default VW Trends

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but if you go to the VW Trends
Website at http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/ it makes the announcement about the
magazine ceasing publication, and it gives you a phone number to call with
subscription issues.
Bill Berckman
67 Beetle

Old December 28th 04, 09:56 PM
Chris Perdue

>vw67fweems

>Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but if you go to the VW Trends
>Website at http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/ it makes the announcement about the
>magazine ceasing publication, and it gives you a phone number to call with
>subscription issues.

my subcription runs out 3/05....guess im lucky...i hadn't planned to re-new
anyway...

-------------------
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004
Old December 28th 04, 10:57 PM
Neil

Talk about worthless. I clicked the "continued" link and it takes me to "VW
Trends Subscriber Services" where I can renew my subscription or order a
gift subscription. No help there for my subscription that runs out in 2011.
So I called the number. The idiot answered the phone WV Trends, how can I
help you". Yes he said W V, not VW. I asked him what they are going to do
about my subscription and he said "They're not telling us anything yet".
PriMedia is a fu**ed up company. They need to get their act straight.
They'll probably offer me a subscription to Import Tuner or Honda Tuning
instead. If so, I'll demand $21.97 per year back for the remainder of my
subscription (6 years) and then send the money to Hot VWs. Glad Kaferdave
got out when he did.

Neil

Old December 28th 04, 11:06 PM
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

On 12/28/2004 1:57 PM Neil wrote:

> PriMedia is a fu**ed up company. They need to get their act straight.

They won't. Editorial takes a back seat to advertising with those
clowns, and customer service follows behind. I've seen interesting,
cutting-edge magazines turn to crap after having been bought by Primedia.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
Old December 29th 04, 12:51 AM
jjs

"Bill Berckman" > wrote in message
> Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but if you go to the VW Trends
> Website at http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/ [...]

Darned bean counters did 'em in.

Old December 29th 04, 12:54 AM
jjs

"Neil" > wrote in message
news:1104271160.886336bb5fb6f99081be477891045324@t eranews...
> Talk about worthless. I clicked the "continued" link and it takes me to
> "VW Trends Subscriber Services" where I can renew my subscription or order
> a gift subscription. No help there for my subscription that runs out in
> 2011. So I called the number. The idiot answered the phone WV Trends, how
> can I help you". Yes he said W V, not VW. I asked him what they are going
> to do about my subscription and he said "They're not telling us anything
> yet".

Subscription services are outsourced, and sometimes the outsourcer has its
own ideas about running a business, squeezing the publisher until the
lawyers get together. Subscriptions services are just one rung below the
outlaws AKA:distribution services.

Old December 29th 04, 10:55 PM
southeastvw

Good think I got out back in the early Fall !!!!
I think everyone knew this was coming, everyone but the ones but the
office! I just feel sad for those who maybe have lost their jobs, hope
they have a backup plan with Primedia!

Old December 30th 04, 02:22 AM
jjs

"southeastvw" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Good think I got out back in the early Fall !!!!

That is one way to look at it. Don't you also feel for the editor and all
the rest of the workers who had nothing to do with the demise? As a former
editor, I know the strings are pulled from the top-down and sometimes it has
nothing to do with the subscribers.

peace,

jjs

Old December 30th 04, 04:25 PM
A.J.L.

"Bill Berckman" > wrote in message
> Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but if you go to the VW Trends
> Website at http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/ it makes the announcement about
> the
> magazine ceasing publication, and it gives you a phone number to call
> with
> subscription issues.
> Bill Berckman
> 67 Beetle

Why did they continue sending renewal notices if they knew they were
ceasing publication? Seems like fraud to me. I just renewed after getting
6 notices in the mail that my subscription was expiring.

I know from past experience that when a magazine goes under, you don't get
your money back. I hope Primedia lets us choose which rag we want to
replace Trends with. They have a pretty good selection.

AL

Bad Design Trends Tim Driving 13 January 20th 05 05:51 PM
news from The Samba .... looks like Trends is gone Scott H VW air cooled 51 December 22nd 04 05:56 PM