GTR Evo Arrived...

Old September 10th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Default GTR Evo Arrived...

It's a DVD in a DVD case, with a single sheet controller guide. I just love
the first 4 commands:

Up Arrow - Accellerate
Brake - Down Arrow
Steer Left - Left Arrow
Steer Right - Right Arrow

And folks wonder why I just can't get into ISI based sims LOL

They could do a lot worse than to get rid of all this mouse/keyboard driving
crap, erradicate all the useless "digital" settings in the setup, etc...

No One races with a keyboard. Or at least I sure hope not. Anyone at this
level races on a console!

Now, the next step is to see if I like it at all. This is very much an $18
experiment for me and yes, I'm going in expecting the worst.

Old September 10th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Doe

"Larry" > wrote:

> And folks wonder why I just can't get into ISI based sims

How can anyone care when no one even knows what you're talking
about.

> LOL

Is there a comedian in your head?

> No One races with a keyboard. Or at least I sure hope not.
> Anyone at this level races on a console!

Can you be any more obscure?

--
The first big front wheel rollerblades.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/2565924423/
Old September 11th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_2_]

"John Doe" > wrote in message

WOW...

Love how you newbs (jdoe) find a newsgroup, that has been around for uh um
oh about 20 years, and many of us on it been around here that long as well,
yet act like none of us have a clue why we read or post... when you been
around long enough, and have reached the aged and respected role of
ridiculous moderaterous.

Fact is, John! You aint been here long enough to get half the innuendos,
let alone the outright jokes, so sit back and nip it...

I want to point out that the name of the news group is rec.autos.SIMULATORS.
Which is pretty self explanatory. It is a newsgroup (aka public bulletin
board) Wherein we talk about the latest automotive SIMULATORS, with mostly
like minded people. Yep, that simple. Yeah sometimes the topic might
stray, but I guarantee you, This aint REC.AUTOS.$hittySet top "games" you
play with tiddley wink controllers or keyboards. If you think your gonna
get ****ed everyone posts about your favorite game that lets you race as
realistic as late 60's era AFX/Tyco slot cars can, then you might need to go
find the rec.games.play station-xbox-Nintendo(or whatever group, you call
it.) newsgroup where you kids can argue about how freaking 'cool' the latest
Need for speed/EA nascar/Driver/Turismo/burnout games make you all tingly...

as far as Larry, well he goes and buys stupid $hit every so often, just to
get a 'rag' on about it... but he's relatively harmless, although
opinionated... But many of us knew what he was doing.

he's bashing the rFactor's MAIN coders, ISI. they built the system that
allows 'developers' to code racing games with this "programming tool" (GTR,
GT Legends, rFactor for example). If you are a programmer, it is like
bitching about Microsoft's visual C/basic/foxpro etc just because someone's
Slot machine game or tax wizard software they built from that compiler, is
buggy or not to your liking. When I was programming, Borland was kind of
the mainstream C and C++ compiler software company not MS... ISI like MS
or Borland, for some of the racing games previously mentioned, a tool used
to produce racing Sims.

!wq

Old September 11th 08, 06:07 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Doe

"PlowBoy" <Vista sucks.com> wrote:

> "John Doe" <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> wrote in message

> WOW...
>
> Love how you newbs (jdoe) find a newsgroup, that has been around
> for uh um oh about 20 years, and many of us on it been around here
> that long as well,

Is your oldest post anywhere on USENET at least 20 years old,
PlowBoy?

> yet act like none of us have a clue why we read
> or post... when you been around long enough, and have reached the
> aged and respected role of ridiculous moderaterous.

You've been around USENET that long PlowBoy and you still don't know
enough to post in context. Do you top post so that someone has to
read your meaningless grandstanding chest thumping bully wannabe
crap before they get to the answer they are looking for?

> Fact is, John! You aint been here long enough to get half the
> innuendos, let alone the outright jokes, so sit back and nip it...

I'll post whenever I please, PlowBoy.

> I want to point out that the name of the news group is
> rec.autos.SIMULATORS. Which is pretty self explanatory. It is a
> newsgroup (aka public bulletin board) Wherein we talk about the
> latest automotive SIMULATORS, with mostly like minded people.

Yeah, that's what groups are for, PlowBoy. You might want to tell
your boy, Larry, since apparently there are in fact many in here who
do enjoy GTR sims.

> Yep, that simple. Yeah sometimes the topic might stray, but I
> guarantee you, This aint REC.AUTOS.$hittySet top "games" you play
> with tiddley wink controllers or keyboards.

Are you trying to say that you've got the biggest steering wheel,
PlowBoy?

> If you think your gonna get ****ed everyone posts about your
> favorite game

No. I was more like testing the waters, and trying to figure out
what ISI is supposed to mean.

> that lets you race as realistic as late 60's era AFX/Tyco slot
> cars can, then you might need to go find the rec.games.play
> station-xbox-Nintendo(or whatever group, you call it.)

I'll post wherever I please, PlowBoy.

> newsgroup where you kids can argue about how freaking 'cool' the
> latest Need for speed/EA nascar/Driver/Turismo/burnout games make
> you all tingly...

Sounds like another personal problem, PlowBoy.

> as far as Larry, well he goes and buys stupid $hit every so often,

GTR Evolution is "stupid $hit"?

By the way, PlowBoy, why do you encrypt the word "****"? A grownup
shouldn't have trouble with that IMO.

> just to get a 'rag' on about it... but he's relatively harmless,
> although opinionated... But many of us knew what he was doing.

Right, PlowBoy, you're a he-man group protector and Larry is your
boy.

> he's bashing the rFactor's MAIN coders, ISI.

Still sounds cryptic. Are you trying to say that ISI is a
programming or publishing company?

Old September 11th 08, 07:48 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Doe

Peter <pete.ivesAll_stRESS blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> jdoe usenetlove.invalid says...
>> "Larry" <none none.com> wrote:
>>
>> > And folks wonder why I just can't get into ISI based sims

>> How can anyone care when no one even knows what you're talking
>> about.
>>

> It's ok John, we know what he's talking about.

Obviously not everyone, or even anyone who reads this group, Peter.
Otherwise it would have been answered in the other thread when it
was first asked about.

>> > LOL

>> Is there a comedian in your head?

> Sure hope so. Is there one in yours? ;-)

That's what it seems like to me when someone uses "LOL" or a smiley
face in response to their own pun. Do you do a lot of giggling when
no one is around, Peter?

>> > No One races with a keyboard. Or at least I sure hope not.
>> > Anyone at this level races on a console!

>> Can you be any more obscure?

> Only to you, John.

If you think you are smarter than I, Peter, explain how someone who
might temporarily use something other than a wheel necessarily
should be racing on a console.

> What was that Abraham Lincoln saying about 'better to be quiet and
> make people think you're a fool?'

You need to either finish the saying or at least include an
ellipses, Peter.

Aren't you the guy that said Richard Burns Rally is "not even close
to arcadish"? In your opinion, is it a better simulation than the
GTR series?

I get the impression some think a game must be tedious as a
programming language. But in fact tedium has nothing to do with
driving realism. That's one reason I bought GTR first, my definition
of fun doesn't include programming tasks and I've read enough
about the others.

Old September 11th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Hmm.... Dunno...

Old September 11th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Good job

-Larry

Old September 11th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

Shut it, you ****. Larry shouldn't speak in code, in public and then moan
when the public don't understand.

Old September 11th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

> No One races with a keyboard.

"No One" must be an LFS fan, since a lot of them race with a keyboard,
and LFS has a reputation for being an elitist group.