Canadian Market Ford Expedition

Old February 26th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
onoahimahi

Default Canadian Market Ford Expedition

Hi,

I'm considering buying an 05 Expedition located in Massachusetts. I
did a Carfax check on it and found it was sold originally in the
Canadian Market in Quebec and imported to the States when it was a
year old. The Safety Compliance Certification Label found in the
drivers door jam is missing and there is a paper label that lists the
VIN and the company that imported it into the States. The VIN at the
windshield looks fine. Should I be concerned about this buying this
truck? Is there anything different about cars built for the Canadian
Market vs. cars built for the US market? All the parts the same? The
VIN number is 1FMFU18555LA65867.

Thanks,
-Scott
Old February 28th 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
John B.

"onoahimahi" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm considering buying an 05 Expedition located in Massachusetts. I
> did a Carfax check on it and found it was sold originally in the
> Canadian Market in Quebec and imported to the States when it was a
> year old. The Safety Compliance Certification Label found in the
> drivers door jam is missing and there is a paper label that lists the
> VIN and the company that imported it into the States. The VIN at the
> windshield looks fine. Should I be concerned about this buying this
> truck? Is there anything different about cars built for the Canadian
> Market vs. cars built for the US market? All the parts the same? The
> VIN number is 1FMFU18555LA65867.
>
> Thanks,
> -Scott

My Dad has a "Canadian" Ford Explorer and the only noticable difference is
that the speedometer is kilometers per hour, with the mph as the smaller
numbers inside. I've driven it a few times and I actually don't like that,
so I guess it would be personal preference. If that's a non-issue, then I
think you're probably all set. He's never said it's needed special parts
for it or anything when bringing it to the garage. Coincidentally, he
bought his down in Mass. as well - heh.

John B.

'97 Ford Expedition trans removal beavis Technology 2 August 8th 07 08:27 AM
97 ford expedition spark plugs Maceo Technology 1 September 28th 06 06:01 PM
1998 ford expedition 4.6l v-8 JLA 4x4 2 October 4th 05 06:01 PM
Ford Expedition Overdrive Light cactus 4x4 3 August 13th 05 01:32 AM
Ford Expedition AC Odors Carol General 0 August 10th 04 04:56 PM