Dragging parking Brake like noise -2005 Explorer

Old March 8th 08, 12:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
TWRUD

Default Dragging parking Brake like noise -2005 Explorer

I just replaced the rear disc brakes, rotor and parking brakes in my
2005 Ford Explorer. The rear parking brake is the hat style which the
parking brake is within the rotor for the disc brake. The problem is
that I can not stop the sound of which is the parking brake dragging.
I gained access to the star wheel and backed off to the point that I
can slide the rotors over the parking brake. But no matter what I do
the parking brake drags. I replace the spring clips on the parking
brakes but still no success. I've drive about with the brakes
dragging to wear in but no success. I checked the ID of the rotors
and are OK????? I can not be the only home mechanic with this
problem. What am I missing
Old March 8th 08, 12:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Mikepier

On Mar 8, 7:24*am, TWRUD > wrote:
> I just replaced the rear disc brakes, rotor and parking brakes in my
> 2005 Ford Explorer. *The rear parking brake is the hat style which the
> parking brake is within the rotor for the disc brake. *The problem is
> that I can not stop the sound of which is the parking brake dragging.
> I gained access to the star wheel and backed off to the point that I
> can slide the rotors over the parking brake. *But no matter what I do
> the parking brake drags. *I replace the spring clips on the parking
> brakes but still no success. *I've drive about with the brakes
> dragging to wear in but no success. *I checked the ID of the rotors
> and are OK????? *I can not be the only home mechanic with this
> problem. *What am I missing

Why did you need to replace the parking brakes shoes? How did they
wear? Those are rarely used.
In any event, try backing up and going foward a few times and hit the
emergency brake hard, that's how they adjust.
Make sure the dragging noise your hearing is indeed the emergency
brakes, not the main disc pads.
Some dragging noise is normal when new pads are put in, but not to the
extent where it actually slows down the truck.
Old March 9th 08, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

The park brake is not self adjusting...

no adjustment hole for parking brake adjuster on 03 Explorer? [email protected] Ford Explorer 6 September 1st 07 11:03 PM
no adjustment hole for parking brake adjuster on 03 Explorer? [email protected] Technology 5 August 30th 07 04:58 AM
Dragging rear brake. Alan Baker Mazda 1 February 15th 07 04:58 AM
1997-2005 Parking Brake ROBERT S AMP BA Drake Corvette 12 August 25th 05 02:37 AM
Emergency Brake Dragging? Ted Ford Explorer 1 June 18th 05 06:00 AM