Heated Seat Failure

Old February 26th 08, 01:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Big Shoe[_2_]

Default Heated Seat Failure

The heated driver's seat in my '05 has quit working. When I push the
button, the light on the dash shows that the heat is on but nothing
happens. Someone posted in the Explorer Forum saying they had this
problem and the dealer told them it would cost around $1000 to fix. If
true, it sounds like replacement of the entire seat is required.
Anyone have any experience with these seat heater failures?
Old February 27th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

The most common failure is the seat cushion element... Locate the connector
under the seat... being sure to stay away from any supplemental restraint
circuits - and you can test with an ohmmeter.

Be aware that the backrest element and the cushion element are wired in
series..

A G note to fix one of these? I don't think so...

Old February 27th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
onoahimahi

A friend of mine had the same thing happen with his 2000 Expedition
just after it went out of warranty and was told by the dealer it would
cost $1000 to fix. He never had it fixed...
-Scott

Old February 27th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

The Expedition would likely have "temperature controlled" seats... quite
different from "heated seats". The temperature controlled seats have a fan
module that can fail.... last time I asked, the price of the fan module made
me gag...

Old March 3rd 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
McNick

I had the same problem as you are. I have a '04. It cost me $300 at the
dealer to get fixed.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...ford.explorer/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Heated Seat Not Working Big Shoe Ford Explorer 0 January 24th 07 01:40 PM
Heated seat problem Haywood Audi 6 December 15th 05 09:35 PM
Heated Seat Cushions? yjarray Jeep 3 November 19th 05 02:26 AM
retro fit a heated seat ///Owen\\\\\\ Technology 7 June 4th 05 05:26 PM
Heated seat fault - 96 ZJ Frank Pell Jeep 5 March 12th 05 02:06 AM