2008 Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe

Old June 15th 07, 07:04 PM posted to it.discussioni.auto,alt.autos.bmw
TDR911[_2_]

Default 2008 Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe

A line of cypress trees marches to the horizon in perfectly ordered ranks,
defining the borders of this dusty Tuscan trail...

http://automobnews.blogspot.com/2007...ead-coupe.html

Old June 15th 07, 10:35 PM posted to it.discussioni.auto,alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:04:57 +0200, "TDR911" > wrote:

>A line of cypress trees marches to the horizon in perfectly ordered ranks,
>defining the borders of this dusty Tuscan trail...
>
>http://automobnews.blogspot.com/2007...ead-coupe.html

Not really a load of crap but who here would buy one - They make then up the
road from me and see 1 or 2 every day. Actually in real life they are quite ugly
and so is the real RR and the limo - the VW Bentley looks nicer but still a
bloody BARGE. The new one is really a re-bodied BMW 760 V12
Old June 16th 07, 09:28 AM posted to it.discussioni.auto,alt.autos.bmw
muffola

Il Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:04:57 +0200, TDR911 ha scritto:

> http://automobnews.blogspot.com/2007...ead-coupe.html

la faccia mi ricorda qualcosa di quella della land rover defender...

--
ciao!
muffola

Old June 16th 07, 11:21 AM posted to it.discussioni.auto,alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:28:39 +0200, muffola > wrote:

>Il Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:04:57 +0200, TDR911 ha scritto:
>
>> http://automobnews.blogspot.com/2007...ead-coupe.html

>la faccia mi ricorda qualcosa di quella della land rover defender...

AND? What an UGLY looking car. With all the BMW expertise and UK designers RR
are still pandering to the Chinless wonders with more money than sense or style.

With that sort of cash - 250K GB pounds or $500K US there are prettier, smoother
and logical cars about. This isn't about engineering as it has basically the
same underpinnings as my 7 series it's about stupidity.

I have owned several RR and the best was the last Shadow especially for looks,
practicality and usability. I was in the "trade" so don't think rich *******
down in the world and sour grapes.

No - RR are really UGLY in the flesh.
Old June 16th 07, 12:02 PM posted to it.discussioni.auto,alt.autos.bmw
muffola

Il Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:21:45 +0100, Oscar ha scritto:

> What an UGLY looking car

Right!

--
ciao!
muffola

Old June 16th 07, 06:06 PM posted to it.discussioni.auto,alt.autos.bmw
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
> wrote:
> I have owned several RR and the best was the last Shadow especially for
> looks, practicality and usability. I was in the "trade" so don't think
> rich ******* down in the world and sour grapes.

The six cylinder Cloud or Bentley S1 was IMHO the best looking standard
bodied R-R ever - and the last before they complicated things with servo
everything. So an ideal car for the enthusiast to maintain at home. It was
also the first model with power steering so perfectly suitable for modern
use. But the market realises this - Shadows can be bought for pennies but
a Cloud will cost serious money.

Oh - I agree the present Rolls and Bentley are positively hideous, the lot
of them. They seem to be designed to look imposing, and that's something
that never works.

--
*Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old June 16th 07, 06:37 PM posted to it.discussioni.auto,alt.autos.bmw
R. Mark Clayton

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:04:57 +0200, "TDR911" > wrote:
>
>>A line of cypress trees marches to the horizon in perfectly ordered ranks,
>>defining the borders of this dusty Tuscan trail...
>>
>>http://automobnews.blogspot.com/2007...ead-coupe.html
>>

> Not really a load of crap but who here would buy one - They make then up
> the
> road from me and see 1 or 2 every day. Actually in real life they are
> quite ugly
> and so is the real RR and the limo - the VW Bentley looks nicer but still
> bloody BARGE. The new one is really a re-bodied BMW 760 V12

I thought they stopped using BMW V12 engines because they had to be thrashed
quite hard to drag all that metal around...

Old June 19th 07, 10:02 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
E Brown

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 18:06:22 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
> wrote:

>In article >,
> > wrote:
>> I have owned several RR and the best was the last Shadow especially for
>> looks, practicality and usability. I was in the "trade" so don't think
>> rich ******* down in the world and sour grapes.

>The six cylinder Cloud or Bentley S1 was IMHO the best looking standard
>bodied R-R ever - and the last before they complicated things with servo
>everything. So an ideal car for the enthusiast to maintain at home. It was
>also the first model with power steering so perfectly suitable for modern
>use. But the market realises this - Shadows can be bought for pennies but
>a Cloud will cost serious money.

I love the looks of the Cloud, especially the series I, but I think
the Shadow is coming into it's own. I wound up with a '66 Shadow a
while back simply because it combined reasonably modern, classy looks
with the interior class and style of the Cloud. I bought mine on eBay
for $7000 in 2001; it sold at auction last November for $19,200 two
owners later. Blatchley hit his stride with that car, imo.
Sure, people grouse about the complexity of the Shadows, but that's
relative. To a group used to working on Clouds and Dawns, a Shadow is
complex; not to someone used to working on more modern cars (or even
old Citroens, for that matter). Twenty years from now, I'd rather
maintain a Series I Silver Shadow than an E65 745i! (Though I'd dread
filling that 28-gallon tank in the RR. )
epbrown
--
How can you know where I'm at if you haven't been where I been?
Can you see where I'm coming from? "How I Could Just Kill A Man" Cypress Hill