Odometer stopping on 94 SC2

Old May 23rd 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Fred[_9_]

Default Odometer stopping on 94 SC2

Hi

My odometer and trip meter have been stopping occasionally lately. Then they
start up again all by themselves. The speedometer works all the time. Any
ideas anyone?

Fred
94 SC2

Old May 23rd 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

Yup, unfortunately, your ODO is on the way out. It is controlled by a tiny
plastic gear that was poorly designed by Saturn which breaks in '93 '94
models commonly. It is not easily accessible, it's back in the gauge
cluster. It can be replaced, but it is expensive. Best not to touch it while
the car is moving, that's how many break.

--
marx404

Old May 28th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
RK Henry

On Wed, 23 May 2007 07:11:38 -0400, "marx404" > wrote:

>Yup, unfortunately, your ODO is on the way out. It is controlled by a tiny
>plastic gear that was poorly designed by Saturn which breaks in '93 '94
>models commonly. It is not easily accessible, it's back in the gauge
>cluster. It can be replaced, but it is expensive. Best not to touch it while
>the car is moving, that's how many break.

Is this related to the "scrunch, scrunch" sound my '97 odometer makes
in cold weather? It works well, but it just makes noise. I found out
there was a bulletin on it, and that it costs $200 to fix, so I
decided to live with it.

Just wondered if this is a related problem or if it's something
completely different.

RK Henry
Old June 1st 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Fred[_9_]

Hi

I don't hear any noise on mine. Just stops and
starts whever it feels like!

Fred

Old June 2nd 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Fred[_9_]

I guess not too many here know about these things. I'll see what
I can find on google.

Fred

news

Old June 3rd 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

In article >,
says...
> I guess not too many here know about these things. I'll see what
> I can find on google.
>
> Fred

Try Saturnfans.com

how far can you drive bmw without stopping? [email protected] BMW 44 August 25th 06 01:15 AM
It's not Speed, it's Not Stopping SD Dave Driving 47 April 4th 06 04:17 AM
Stopping Distances in the U.S. [email protected] Driving 52 November 8th 05 07:17 PM
95 XJ - clunk after stopping paul Jeep 2 November 3rd 05 02:34 AM
My rides - no stopping me now ! tricky VW air cooled 7 April 22nd 05 01:30 PM