2005 Escalade suspension controller?

Old October 20th 11, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
BobG

Default 2005 Escalade suspension controller?

Any way to read the suspension controller from the obd connector?
(there are 4 pins: 2, 4&5, and 16) I think its J1850 VPW 10400bps. I
can see activity on pin 2 with the scope, Which scanner/reader allows
you to dump vpw in hex? Anyone know what the pid address of the
suspension controller is? Thanks!
Old October 20th 11, 10:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bill[_33_]

"BobG" wrote in message
> Any way to read the suspension controller from the obd connector?
> (there are 4 pins: 2, 4&5, and 16) I think its J1850 VPW 10400bps. I
> can see activity on pin 2 with the scope, Which scanner/reader
> allows
> you to dump vpw in hex? Anyone know what the pid address of the
> suspension controller is? Thanks!

Good luck finding this information!

FYI - To my knowledge, all computers on all modern vehicles can be
accessed via the OBD connector. And some may be by first accessing a
"gateway computer".

But also to my knowledge, the vehicle manufacturers are not releasing
any of this information???

There are some OBD II scanners which also scan the codes for ABS.
Perhaps some other things as well like HVAC?

Anyway might want to search for OBD ABS, then find the manufacturers
of those scanners, then call and ask where they found the OBD or CAN
info to scan for the ABS. (ask their engineering / software dept.)

Old October 31st 11, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
BobG

Here's quiz for you J1850 VPW gurus... I see these messages repeating
on a 2005 escalade. Can anyone decode any of these numbers?
08 FF 98 03 CB
28 FF 40 06 07 0B 0B 83
88 25 29 07 00 97
08 FF A0 03 50
08 FF 58 03 E8
08 FF A1 03 1C
88 25 29 07 00 97
08 FF 89 03 33
08 FF A7 03 A9
08 FF 80 03 25
88 25 29 07 00 97
08 FF A6 03 65
and right about here the 28 FF comes around again. Appreciate any
decoding.