rFactor demo - any fix?

Old January 6th 05, 04:20 PM

okay cosmo, or kramer, or whatever you want to be called
we're doing some final testing now. the holidays set us back a bit,
but we're looking at early next week. cool?

joe
image space

Old January 6th 05, 05:21 PM
Hans de Heer

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> okay cosmo, or kramer, or whatever you want to be called
> we're doing some final testing now. the holidays set us back a bit,

Holidays? Since when are developers enjoying holidays??

> but we're looking at early next week. cool?

Sounds good to me!

Cheers, Hans

Old January 12th 05, 04:15 PM

Hey joe... It's early next week... )

Old January 12th 05, 04:15 PM

Hey joe... It's early next week... )

Old January 13th 05, 03:40 PM

Thanks Joe!

I've been waiting (impatiently) a long time for this one, as I've been
unable to play the previous demo due to the Trymedia bug. I'm a bit
concerned though, as others in the newsgroup are reporting that this
version doesn't necessarily fix that particular problem. I'll know for
sure when I try it tonight.

Anyhow, thanks for your efforts so far, and for keeping us informed
with your posts in this newsgroup! It is truely appreciated!!

-Kramer

Old January 13th 05, 11:33 PM
fernando

I was also expecting very much this release but unfortunatelly didn't fixed
the trymedia problem.

Probably this won't disable installations that still running the game but
won't get back installations already down

Any tip Joe?

Thx a lot,

Fernando

Old January 14th 05, 03:04 PM

Joe,

I am having the same problem as everyone else here. The Trymedia
protection "bug" is still present after the patch. This is quite
frustrating, as it's been well over a month since many of us have been
able to run rFactor. Please help! I have to wonder what the need to
have Trymedia (Activemark) protection on this DEMO anyhow? At this
point, it can only be causing frustration for the majority of users,
which cannot help promote future sales of this sim (quite the opposite
effect actually). I understand the need to protect your investment
against software piracy , but once again this "protection" will
ultimately cause headaches for legitimate users, while the crooks will
find a way around it anyhow. And this is only a (free) DEMO we are
talking about here, so for it to be disabled by this copy-protection
software is even more ridiculous.

Please let us know if a fix is possible/being worked on. If not, at
least I can stop looking for rFactor updates every day! (
Thanks again for your efforts!

-Kramer