Where is thermostat on '95 Civic?

Old July 20th 05, 05:33 PM
DesignGuy

Default Where is thermostat on '95 Civic?

I need to replace the thermostat on my 1995 Honda Civic LX. I've looked at
the engine and their are two possible places for it. One is at the engine
end of the lower radiator hose, where the thermoswitch is. The other place
is at the engine end of the upper radiator hose. Both have housings that can
be removed with a few bolts, I'm just not sure which one it is. Sorry for
the newbie question, I've only changed a t-stat once before on a VW.

Old July 20th 05, 05:51 PM
TeGGeR®

"DesignGuy" > wrote in

> I need to replace the thermostat on my 1995 Honda Civic LX. I've
> looked at the engine and their are two possible places for it. One is
> at the engine end of the lower radiator hose, where the thermoswitch
> is.

It's at the engine end of the lower rad hose. Look more carefully; it's
there.

Here's a diagram to make things clearer:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/...ing_system.pdf

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old July 20th 05, 06:16 PM
Elle

Try the free online manual for 1995-1997 Civics at
http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/workshopmanuals2.html . It should have some
drawings that help.

My 91 Civic's is at the engine's back (that is, between the engine and
firewall), connecting to the lower radiator hose. It's a bit tricky to get
at, but it can be done in a morning, based on my experience last summer. It
will go faster the next time.

I removed the air intake duct (between the air filter and PGM-FI cover)
among other things to get to it.

"DesignGuy" > wrote

Old July 20th 05, 10:39 PM
DesignGuy

"TeGGeR®" > wrote in message
> "DesignGuy" > wrote in
>
> > I need to replace the thermostat on my 1995 Honda Civic LX. I've
> > looked at the engine and their are two possible places for it. One is
> > at the engine end of the lower radiator hose, where the thermoswitch
> > is.

> It's at the engine end of the lower rad hose. Look more carefully; it's
> there.
>
> Here's a diagram to make things clearer:
> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/...ing_system.pdf

Yep, that's it - and many thanks for the diagram. Naturally, it was the
harder of the two to remove

Old July 20th 05, 10:39 PM
DesignGuy

"Elle" > wrote in message
k.net...
> Try the free online manual for 1995-1997 Civics at
> http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/workshopmanuals2.html . It should have some
> drawings that help.

Very useful resource, thanks - I've bookmarked it!