Tranny problem

Old February 7th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Vito

Default Tranny problem

1996 EB AWD V8 w/245K miles

Last night while driving home I noticed a whinning sound like you'd hear
with a bad power steering pump which changed pitch with engine RPM.

The tranny then started slipping - eventually getting to the point where it
wouldn't move the vehicle about a block from home.

Parked it on street overnight and checked it this PM with light.

The dipstick shows plenty of fluid, and no discoloration or burning smell.

Not getting anything when I hooked up the code reader either.

I'd also noticed a little slippage while accelerating earlier in the week.
Only recent major change was replacing a cracked radiator just after
Christmas.

Any ideas?

Vito

Tranny Problem chefkojak Honda 6 October 2nd 05 01:56 AM
1999 Ford Taurus Tranny Problem Stanav Technology 0 September 24th 05 02:22 AM
Problem starting car - No spark The Outlander Ford Mustang 11 July 20th 05 01:35 AM
'03 KJ Auto Tranny Problem CZ10 Jeep 5 July 16th 05 01:29 PM
Help with Mazda B2200 (PLEASE) tranny problem stevefrench Technology 0 June 11th 05 01:24 PM