Videos of Worldwide Highways: RSS Edition

Old December 12th 06, 04:59 AM posted to ca.driving,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation,ba.transportation
Carl Rogers

Default Videos of Worldwide Highways: RSS Edition

Hi All,

Videos of Worldwide Highways (VWWH), a Calrog.com component, is now
migrating towards RSS technology. For all regular & future updates,
including new videos of your favourite highways, point your RSS reader
to http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/vwwh-rss.xml !

Now, the million dollar question is, what exactly is RSS? It stands for
"Really Simple Syndication". In non-techy-nerd speak, it means you can
receive hyperlinks to new highway videos--in realtime--as soon as these
become available. RSS is already a part of your modern web-browser.

Now, there's no need to fire up a Usenet reader at work when you crave
highway trivia. It will already be there and keep things
non-conspicuous! Your effort becomes streamlined and no additional
software is necessary to do so.

Popular web browsers like Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) and Safari have the
RSS feature already built-in. Just click on the orange speaker-icon
right next to your IE7 address-bar, or the RSS rectangle near Safari's
address bar. That's all! Subscribe to and manage "feeds" from there.
When a VWWH update is available, click on its feed to see the latest
highway videos.

To help get the ball rolling for VWWH, its RSS feed now forwards traffic
to, including metadata for, California State Route 62 and Maryland State
Route 58.

Future RSS updates will contain metadata about the highway video
itself--just like you've already seen me write on Usenet. Check
regularly for updates!

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Adding human experience to highway enthusiasm"
********
Calrog.com, http://www.calrog.com :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An integrated media arm in Turn-of-the-Century PC Development,
international Highway Research, and Interpersonal Psychology. Has
served your home country and ninety-four of its worldwide neighbours
since 2000, through Internet downstream and published works.
********

Old December 14th 06, 04:59 AM posted to ca.driving,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation,ba.transportation
Comrade Monster Sound

Carl Rogers wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Videos of Worldwide Highways (VWWH), a Calrog.com component, is now
> migrating towards RSS technology.

Big deal.

Old December 14th 06, 07:38 AM posted to ca.driving,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation,ba.transportation
Ronnie Dobbs

Comrade Monster Sound wrote:
> Carl Rogers wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Videos of Worldwide Highways (VWWH), a Calrog.com component, is now
>> migrating towards RSS technology.

> Big deal.

Is there a good reason for you to act like a jerk towards Carl? May the
schnauzers bite your toes off.

Old December 14th 06, 08:39 AM posted to ca.driving,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation,ba.transportation
Random Waftings Of Bunker Blasts

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 01:38:08 -0600, "Ronnie Dobbs" >
said:

>Is there a good reason for you to act like a jerk towards Carl? May the
>schnauzers bite your toes off.

May they bite his toes off...in public!

--

Buy my book about school bullying he