Support Our Troops!!

Old November 19th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Andrew Tompkins

Default Support Our Troops!!

GK wrote:
> wrote:
>> Yes there are rules in war; as anyone who has served during wartime
>> knows; and anyone who cares to research the subject can find out.
>> No, 'anything' does not go. Rape has NEVER been acceptable by the
>> United States military as anything other than a felony punishable
>> by prison or the death penalty.
>> Anyone who would excuse the crime of rape and murder by our
>> servicemen is an ignorant piece of **** and should shut the ****
>> up. It's bad enough that the honor that used to come with wearing
>> the uniform of the United States has been so degraded and soiled
>> by the likes of people that think like you and all other
>> republicans; but I've had enough of it. Just shut your ****ing
>> mouth.

> You may have been indoctrinated by those who assumed a position of
> authority above you and told that there are rules, but for me, I
> make my own rules, and one is if you put me into a war and give me
> a gun, I make my own rules.

If you made it through boot camp and specialty training with that type
of attitude then acted upon it, you would find yourself quickly
stationed he
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...06738&t=h&om=1
for a somewhat longer enlistment period than you originally thought,
and/or the rest of a very short life.

--
--Andy
Andrew G. Tompkins

Old November 19th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
GK

wrote:

>>>Yes there are rules in war;

<snip>
>>You may have been indoctrinated by those who assumed a position of
>>authority above you and told that there are rules, but for me, I make
>>my own rules, and one is if you put me into a war and give me a gun,
>>I make my own rules.

> Yeah, and that could have gotten you prosecuted for war crimes.

Well that's an oxymoron, war itself is a crime, so they would have to
prosecute everybody right on up to the generals and presidents.

Old November 19th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
GK

wrote:

>><snip>

>>>Yeah, and that could have gotten you prosecuted for war crimes.
>>>

>>Well that's an oxymoron, war itself is a crime, so they would have to
>>prosecute everybody right on up to the generals and presidents.

> Look at Slobodan Milosevic and Saddam Hussein.

Exactly, so why then don't we do the same to American presidents?
We are enforcing a double standard otherwise. Either all presidents are
guilty, or none, and we have no business prosecuting anyone acting under
the condition of "war".

Bottom line: If you're going to call it a war, then it's a free for all
for anyone involved, and unfotunately in our present world that includes
anyone unlucky enough to be an innocent or not bystander, including
civilians.

That's the way it's always worked in reality. Many are just not honest
enough to admit that.
Old November 20th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Laura Bush
murdered her boy friend interrupted its gay porn session to share its
bodily fluids with us in this manner in rec.autos.driving:

> Ima big mouth. If I'm so high on the military, why don't I
> enlist?. Am I another chickenhawk or a chicken ****? HAHA

Fixed some heders and text for you.

--
"I'm all for making the SUV owners park in the rear of the lot. It
should be handled like handicapped parking. A special sticker on the

--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend, 10/23/05
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/dnox5 http://tinyurl.com/c92qg
Message .com
Old November 20th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), I dont know said
in rec.autos.driving:
> The problem with the gene pool is that there is no life guard.

The problem with the gene pool is not enough chlorine.

--
Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend foams like a Bartlo
(and spelling or gramatical errors are left as is):

"Hey - necromancer is a criminal coddler. BTW the article
says 4X and then it says the BAC was .187 which doesn't
make much sense. Not that it matters. Drunk drivers who
kill should get life wo parole."

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/rqvtg
Message
Old November 23rd 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Chuck Whealton

Dan J.S. wrote:

> So a few bad apples make them all bad? Oooh I can start generalizing about
> blacks, jews, arabs and every other race or religious sect!! Shows
> maturity!!

Dan, I have to agree with you here, and I'm not pointing at any
specific posters, but you see this a lot in Usenet.

A lot of the same type of stuff is posted regarding police officers.
You never see anything (at least in the groups I read) in detail
talking about how they die trying to help people and track down the
worst society has to offer, but you always see things posted about the
few bad apples that get involved in drugs, or beating people up, etc.

I served in the military myself (decades ago now) and I'd go out on a
limb and say that most of the people I met were good people - better
people than I may have been back then. Sure, there are some bad
apples, but even the bad apples don't usually murder and rape people.
The guys who did this are NOT the norm.

Even though I don't agree with the circumstances surrounding why we
went to war, I definately appreciate the efforts of the 99.99999%+ of
our troops that are just doing the best they can without hurting
innocent people.

Charles R. Whealton
Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com

Old November 26th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Matthew Russotto

In article .com>,
Chuck Whealton > wrote:

>A lot of the same type of stuff is posted regarding police officers.
>You never see anything (at least in the groups I read) in detail
>talking about how they die trying to help people and track down the
>worst society has to offer, but you always see things posted about the
>few bad apples that get involved in drugs, or beating people up, etc.

The worst society has to offer is bad cops. Cops don't die tracking
down bad cops (because they don't do it). Therefore, no cops are
killed tracking down the worst society has to offer.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old November 26th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Sherman L. Cahal

Andrew Tompkins wrote:
> GK wrote:
> > wrote:
> >> Yes there are rules in war; as anyone who has served during wartime
> >> knows; and anyone who cares to research the subject can find out.
> >> No, 'anything' does not go. Rape has NEVER been acceptable by the
> >> United States military as anything other than a felony punishable
> >> by prison or the death penalty.
> >> Anyone who would excuse the crime of rape and murder by our
> >> servicemen is an ignorant piece of **** and should shut the ****
> >> up. It's bad enough that the honor that used to come with wearing
> >> the uniform of the United States has been so degraded and soiled
> >> by the likes of people that think like you and all other
> >> republicans; but I've had enough of it. Just shut your ****ing
> >> mouth.

> > You may have been indoctrinated by those who assumed a position of
> > authority above you and told that there are rules, but for me, I
> > make my own rules, and one is if you put me into a war and give me
> > a gun, I make my own rules.
> >

> If you made it through boot camp and specialty training with that type
> of attitude then acted upon it, you would find yourself quickly
> stationed he

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...06738&t=h&om=1
> for a somewhat longer enlistment period than you originally thought,
> and/or the rest of a very short life.
>
> --
> --Andy

http://news.uky.edu/news/display_article.php?artid=1789

SLC: I'll be attending his lecture. We need more to speak up against
this administration. Sadly, the 1960s are behind us...

LEXINGTON, Ky. (Nov. 21, 2006) - James Yee is a third-generation
Chinese American, a graduate of West Point, a U.S. Army veteran, a
devout Muslim and the recipient of two Army Commendation medals. His
unusual combination of life experiences have led him to serve in the
first Gulf War, visit Syria to learn the Arabic language and Islamic
sciences, serve as a U.S. Army Chaplain working with detainees at
Guantanamo Bay, and live through a period of military imprisonment for
suspected spying, ultimately followed by having his name cleared. Now
he brings his story and observations to the University of Kentucky as
he delivers a talk, "An Army Muslim Chaplain's Struggle for Justice:
Civil Liberties and Guantanamo Bay," at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 28, in the
auditorium of William T. Young Library. An open reception and book
signing will follow his talk.

"James Yee is an American and a Muslim, two parts of his identity which
have fed his deep faith in tolerance and diversity," said Andy Doolen,
UK assistant professor of American Literature and American Studies. "He
preached these values at Guantanamo until the U.S. military secretly
arrested him for treason, locked him away in solitary confinement, and
tried to destroy his family. His detention is one of the most shameful
episodes in the "war on terror," which makes his story, and his
fervent belief in democracy, even more remarkable. I can't think of
any American who can speak with as much authority about war's impact
on democracy and human rights," Doolen said.

While serving at Guantanamo Bay as a Chaplain in 2003, Yee was
imprisoned for 76 days in a naval brig, falsely accused of spying,
espionage and aiding alleged Taliban and Al-Qaeda prisoners. After an
investigation, all criminal charges were dropped and Yee was reinstated
to full duty. Upon his resignation he received an Honorable Discharge
and the second of his two Army Commendation medals.

"I do not think the American people realize how much of a black mark
Guantanamo Bay will be on the history of the United States, nor do I
think the public fully understands how our civil liberties have been
seriously eroded after 9-11," said Yee.

Yee has appeared in the national and international media discussing
his story and his book "For God and Country: Faith and Patriotism Under
Fire," available from publisher PublicAffairs.

Old December 1st 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Chuck Whealton

Matthew Russotto wrote:
> In article .com>,
> Chuck Whealton > wrote:
> >
> >A lot of the same type of stuff is posted regarding police officers.
> >You never see anything (at least in the groups I read) in detail
> >talking about how they die trying to help people and track down the
> >worst society has to offer, but you always see things posted about the
> >few bad apples that get involved in drugs, or beating people up, etc.

> The worst society has to offer is bad cops. Cops don't die tracking
> down bad cops (because they don't do it). Therefore, no cops are
> killed tracking down the worst society has to offer.
> --
> There's no such thing as a free lunch, but certain accounting practices can
> result in a fully-depreciated one.

Matthew, I think I'd have to disagree with you. Somebody has to track
down the "bad cops". And I'm not disputing there are some bad police
officers, but to read what we see here on Usenet, you would think there
were no GOOD police officers and that's not the case.