Soundcard analogue outputs Vs spdif

Old December 10th 04, 05:15 PM
Pez

no soundstorm on nForce 4 just plain old AC97.

pez

"Damien Smith" > wrote in message
> > SFF is the way to go.

> Absolutely, and Shuttle XPCs are the greatest all round PCs money can buy
> IMO. The engineering in them is far ahead of anything else out there.
>
> > Soundstorm is gone, just another Betamax on the trash heap of

history....

> Huh? Soundstorm lives on through nForce4. etc. Whilst I'm not a fan of
> nVidia's current VGA cards, their AMD chipsets are excellent and have

served

Old December 10th 04, 09:07 PM
Steve Smith

Good news (from gameguru: http://gameguru.box.sk/)

NVIDIA to Create SoundStorm 2 - NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang addressed
questions about the company's plans for a possible second spin of its
popular but ill-fated SoundStorm audio solution. Apparently, a reprise of
SoundStorm will happen. Huang told the assembled press types, "We're gonna
build SoundStorm 2. It's gonna be awesome." He was less clear on what form
the next SoundStorm would take, saying that NVIDIA was still trying to
figure out how to deliver SoundStorm as a product. Huang said, cryptically,
that the new SoundStorm "will come in a way that you won't expect."

I hope that means a sound card "form factor".