400 Engine Swap in Jeep

Old November 5th 04, 06:30 AM

Default 400 Engine Swap in Jeep

Maybe some Jeep experts can help me.....

Could a 400 Chev. big block be placed in a Jeep (I don't have the Jeep
yet, so that might make it a little easier) without a tremendous
amount of cost? I realize this may be a little out of the usual engine
swap projects, but the engine is very cost effective.

I'm new to automotive projects and I would have the engine installed
by a pro, but if this is really complicated I might consider other
options.

Thanks for the advice!!!!
Patrick
Old November 5th 04, 07:22 AM
Rusted

A "cost effective" engine may not be as cheap as you think it is once you
pay for the adapters needed. What model of jeep are you wanting to put
this in? I would start with a call or email to www.novak-adapt.com from
looking at their site it looks like they make engine mounts that will work
for you. Other more major considerations is the mount to the transmission /
transfer case / drivelines / radiator.

om...

Old November 5th 04, 11:20 PM
Kuzie

You might need to change the transmission, transfer case and axles too to
handle the additional
torque of a big block Also modify the suspension to handle the extra
weight.
Greg

Old November 6th 04, 02:02 AM
Scotty

Why go a 400? Do you already have one lying around? Are you after a tourque
motor instead of the POS that they come with? Obviously economy aint your
target goal. There are HEAPs of other motors that can be recommended that
wont give you the haslles that a 400 will. From memory the 400 would be a
little heavy for the Jeep, how about a smaller capasity motor? Do you need
engineers certificates in the USA after doing a motor swap at all?

om...

Old November 6th 04, 09:48 AM
rose111

From Miss Rose Guei.

Dearest,

Nice to meet you,I just want to use this opportunity and ask for a favor
and to let you know that I am intrested to invest my fund in your country
so if you wish to help me out then do reply me back through my private
email address at ( )for me to give you more details
regarding this opportunity.

Kind Regards
Rose Guei

Old November 6th 04, 03:28 PM
Bret Chase

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 03:05:02 GMT, Lon > wrote:

proclaimed:
>:|> Maybe some Jeep experts can help me.....
>:|>
>:|> Could a 400 Chev. big block be placed in a Jeep (I don't have the Jeep
>:|> yet, so that might make it a little easier) without a tremendous
>:|> amount of cost? I realize this may be a little out of the usual engine
>:|> swap projects, but the engine is very cost effective.
>:|>
>:|> I'm new to automotive projects and I would have the engine installed
>:|> by a pro, but if this is really complicated I might consider other
>:|> options.
>:|
>:| ? Isn't the 400 still a mouse motor, same block as the 327, 350, etc.?
>:| The Chev small block used to be a fairly common swap with reasonably
>:| readily available adapters. I'd almost guess the engine management to
>:| be more of a PITA to get right.
>:|

I believe he's talking about the 396/402 BBC. yes there is also a 400
SBC, which would fit in there just like a 350, but with even more
overheating problems. (the saimesed cylinders made them more
demanding of the cooling system.)

-Bret