Tranny & Rear Axle Fluid Change

Old May 6th 06, 01:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Tranny & Rear Axle Fluid Change

I am the proud owner of a white, very cherry 1990 MIata with 49,000
miles. It's a 5-speed. I was reading the manual last night, and it
recommends changing the tranny and rear axle fluid at 6 yrs/ 60K. I am
not sure whether this has ever been done or not (the records I have
don't indicate it has been). Should I go ahead and change both of
them? I know with some tranny's they're sometimes better left alone
(I'm thinking of older automatics), but I can't imagine that's the case
here. Any tips on changing these (I plan to do it myself). It looked
fairly straightforward in the owner's manual. Thanks!

Old May 6th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Check miata.net. To get the oil in the trans, you'll need
either 3' of tubing and a friend, or a pump. The
differential is a little easier because there is more room.
Group wisdom recommends Red Line MTL for the transmission
and MT-90 for the diff.

Randy

oups.com...

Old May 6th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

If you look down about 12 posts, I posted a similar question about "Owners
Manual".

Chris D'Agnolo posted a great answer that gives the weights and amounts of
fluids.

Tim

"Tom" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I am the proud owner of a white, very cherry 1990 MIata with 49,000
> miles. It's a 5-speed. I was reading the manual last night, and it
> recommends changing the tranny and rear axle fluid at 6 yrs/ 60K. I am
> not sure whether this has ever been done or not (the records I have
> don't indicate it has been). Should I go ahead and change both of
> them? I know with some tranny's they're sometimes better left alone
> (I'm thinking of older automatics), but I can't imagine that's the case
> here. Any tips on changing these (I plan to do it myself). It looked
> fairly straightforward in the owner's manual. Thanks!

AWA [OFFER] Audi Rear Axle Differential [email protected] General 0 February 14th 06 03:51 PM
Ping Tigger: case study on rear O2 sensor and fuel trim Stephen H Honda 0 December 24th 05 05:37 AM
Scout axle data? Stupendous Man Jeep 2 December 8th 05 02:56 AM
1994 E36 Vibration in rear axle? Lordy BMW 7 February 4th 05 03:35 AM