Nascar 2003 crashes to desktop or reboots

Old October 17th 04, 03:41 PM
JZach

Default Nascar 2003 crashes to desktop or reboots

Been around a few years wih this stuff but this is driving me crazy!

Fresh install of W2k w/SP4
New:
Amptron M7NCD-A02 motherboard
AMD Athalon XP 2600
400 DDR RAM - 512MB
Power supply
GForce MX 440 - 8X
Sound Blaster Live
DirectX 9.0C

The thing will go about 1 lap into a race and then it crashes every time.
Haven't tried using the onboard sound but that shouldn't matter. I think
it's a video card issue maybe, drivers or something. I am using the latest
nVidia drivers from their site - 6177. Didn't have any luck with some older
drivers either. I do have the latest drivers for the nForce chipset
installed for the MB.

No virus software installed. Just been to a few sites for drivers, etc. Box
should be fine.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! I've done countless installs of the
Papy sims through the years and have never ran into anything this wacked!

Old October 17th 04, 04:11 PM
Dave Henrie

"JZach" > wrote in
m:

> Been around a few years wih this stuff but this is driving me crazy!

<snip>

> Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! I've done countless installs
> of the Papy sims through the years and have never ran into anything
> this wacked!

Sound. Try reducing your directX sound hardware acceleration down a
notch or two.
Old October 17th 04, 04:16 PM
bluestringer

"JZach" > wrote in message
m...
> Been around a few years wih this stuff but this is driving me crazy!
>
> Fresh install of W2k w/SP4
> New:
> Amptron M7NCD-A02 motherboard
> AMD Athalon XP 2600
> 400 DDR RAM - 512MB
> Power supply
> GForce MX 440 - 8X
> Sound Blaster Live
> DirectX 9.0C
>
> The thing will go about 1 lap into a race and then it crashes every time.
> Haven't tried using the onboard sound but that shouldn't matter. I think
> it's a video card issue maybe, drivers or something. I am using the latest
> nVidia drivers from their site - 6177. Didn't have any luck with some

older
> drivers either. I do have the latest drivers for the nForce chipset
> installed for the MB.
>
> No virus software installed. Just been to a few sites for drivers, etc.

Box
> should be fine.
>
> Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! I've done countless installs of

the
> Papy sims through the years and have never ran into anything this wacked!

Sounds like your card may be overheating. I had the same problem with a PNY
brand MX440.

bluestringer

Old October 17th 04, 04:19 PM
JZach

I was gonna try a different card. As mentioned, they're brand new. But I've
seen a lot of "new" stuff be broke...

t...

Old October 17th 04, 04:19 PM
JZach

I'll try it thanks.

. 97.136...

Old October 17th 04, 04:26 PM
JZach

Duh - how do I do that? forgot to ask...

Old October 18th 04, 10:22 PM
Gerald Moore

I had a lot of problems with my system crashing and locking up, until
I started fiddling with the motherboard and CPU voltages in the BIOS.
Turns out the "stock" voltage supplied to the CPU was borderline
indadequate, and for a CPU intensive game like NR2003, this deficiency
caused it to fail on a regular basis. After I upped the voltages
slightly, it has been rock solid ever since. Check out some
overclocker sites to learn how to check your system for stability and
what to change in order to help it run trouble free.

Hope this helps,
Gerald

Old October 19th 04, 11:06 PM
Chris Cooper

I had the same problem, i updated my manufacture sound drivers, and it fixed
the problem. I downloaded sound drivers when I updated to SP2 for Xp, and
started having the same problems. I then updated my driver from the sound
manufacture, and it fixed it. Hope this helps you.

Chris Cooper

m...