New Dodge vehicles

Old March 15th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default New Dodge vehicles

I just got an email from Dodge about the new Caliber SRT4 and the Nitro.
Man, what a couple of butt ugly vehicles! The rear view of the
Caliber is especially ugly and the Nitro looks ugly from every angle.

What is Chrysler thinking? At least the engine should be decent in the
Caliber as I believe it is essentially the same as the 2.4L in my new
Sonata. I believe that Hyundai, Chrysler and a third company,
Mitusbishi I think, collaborated on this engine. Mine is powerful and
quiet. My only complaint is that it is a little thirsty. I'm getting
only 27 MPG in driving that is probably 70% highway. And this is with a
24/34 rating on the Sonata with the standard tranny. I don't know the
weight of the Caliber, but it appears that it shouldn't be much
different than the Sonata, and lighter if anything, so it should perform
fairly well.

Matt
Old March 15th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"Matt Whiting" > wrote in message
>I just got an email from Dodge about the new Caliber SRT4 and the Nitro.
>Man, what a couple of butt ugly vehicles! The rear view of the Caliber is
>especially ugly and the Nitro looks ugly from every angle.
>
> What is Chrysler thinking? At least the engine should be decent in the
> Caliber as I believe it is essentially the same as the 2.4L in my new
> Sonata. I believe that Hyundai, Chrysler and a third company, Mitusbishi
> I think, collaborated on this engine. Mine is powerful and quiet. My
> only complaint is that it is a little thirsty. I'm getting only 27 MPG in
> driving that is probably 70% highway. And this is with a 24/34 rating on
> the Sonata with the standard tranny. I don't know the weight of the
> Caliber, but it appears that it shouldn't be much different than the
> Sonata, and lighter if anything, so it should perform fairly well.
>

> Matt

The Caliber looks pretty good in person. I wouldn't buy it, but I don't
think they'll have any trouble selling it to the target audience
(skateboard-toting minimum wage earners).

As for the Nitro, you may be right.

Old March 15th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I saw one 3 weeks ago doing some arrands while driving down 8 mile in
Detroit. Had to take a double look. The style caught me off guard. Thought
it was a import for a sec because of the sporty look it had with the
hatchback. Personally I missed the hatch back years back. If I was in the
market to buy a new car. i wouldn't think twice of get ting one. I'd get the
diesel in it w/ the 4 wheel drive. *Looks sharp in that red*

SCOTT

Old March 15th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Does the Caliber come with a diesel?

news

Old March 15th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"Joe" > wrote in message ...

> "Matt Whiting" > wrote in message
>>I just got an email from Dodge about the new Caliber SRT4 and the Nitro.
>>Man, what a couple of butt ugly vehicles! The rear view of the Caliber is
>>especially ugly and the Nitro looks ugly from every angle.
>>
>> What is Chrysler thinking? At least the engine should be decent in the
>> Caliber as I believe it is essentially the same as the 2.4L in my new
>> Sonata. I believe that Hyundai, Chrysler and a third company, Mitusbishi
>> I think, collaborated on this engine. Mine is powerful and quiet. My
>> only complaint is that it is a little thirsty. I'm getting only 27 MPG
>> in driving that is probably 70% highway. And this is with a 24/34 rating
>> on the Sonata with the standard tranny. I don't know the weight of the
>> Caliber, but it appears that it shouldn't be much different than the
>> Sonata, and lighter if anything, so it should perform fairly well.
>>

>> Matt

> The Caliber looks pretty good in person. I wouldn't buy it, but I don't
> think they'll have any trouble selling it to the target audience
> (skateboard-toting minimum wage earners).
>
> As for the Nitro, you may be right.

Hey, wait a minute.
I'm not a skateboard toting min wage earner, I'm a late-year boomer with a
pile of band (bass guitar) equipment and a pa system, and I think this would
make a right smart Bandwagon!

Old March 15th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Matt Whiting wrote:

> I just got an email from Dodge about the new Caliber SRT4 and the Nitro.
> Man, what a couple of butt ugly vehicles! The rear view of the Caliber
> is especially ugly and the Nitro looks ugly from every angle.
>
> What is Chrysler thinking?

That these things will appeal toe the "kewl bloo headlights and wingZ on
the trUnKliD!" crowd.

> I believe that Hyundai, Chrysler and a third company,
> Mitusbishi I think, collaborated on this engine.

Yep, the so-called "world engine." The mere fact that Mitsubishi has its
name on the stupid thing is enough to make me not go near one until it
establishes about 10 years of solid service record. Again, why can't
Chrysler learn from past experience that everything Mitsubhishi touches
turns to manure?

Old March 15th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

hachiroku wrote:

> Hey, wait a minute.
> I'm not a skateboard toting min wage earner, I'm a late-year boomer with a
> pile of band (bass guitar) equipment and a pa system, and I think this would
> make a right smart Bandwagon!

No, a PT Cruiser would look a lot better. And its all Chrysler and no
Mitsu****ti, so the odds of actually making it to your gig before last
call are a whole lot better.

Old March 15th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"Joe" > wrote

> The Caliber looks pretty good in person. I wouldn't buy it, but I don't
> think they'll have any trouble selling it to the target audience
> (skateboard-toting minimum wage earners).

Oh heck, I was thinking of buying one but now that Joe tells me I don't
belong because I'm a retired senior citizen, guess I'll have to keep my
Focus. Shucks.

Old March 15th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"cosza" > wrote in message ...
> Does the Caliber come with a diesel?
>

> "Scott S." > wrote in message
> news
> >I saw one 3 weeks ago doing some arrands while driving down 8 mile in
> >Detroit. Had to take a double look. The style caught me off guard.

Thought
> >it was a import for a sec because of the sporty look it had with the
> >hatchback. Personally I missed the hatch back years back. If I was in the
> >market to buy a new car. i wouldn't think twice of get ting one. I'd get
> >the diesel in it w/ the 4 wheel drive. *Looks sharp in that red*
> >
> > SCOTT

Nitro.

the

perform

> >> The Caliber looks pretty good in person. I wouldn't buy it, but I don't
> >> think they'll have any trouble selling it to the target audience
> >> (skateboard-toting minimum wage earners).
> >>
> >> As for the Nitro, you may be right.

2.0 DOHC 4 cyl 16 valve Diesel

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old March 15th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

cosza wrote:

> Does the Caliber come with a diesel?

I don't know, but it certainly should as it LOOKS like a truck from the
front so it at least should sound the part. :-)

Matt

Dodge pictures R. de Jong Dodge 2 January 13th 06 03:29 AM
Mopar Oil Filter Number(s) do not spam Chrysler 3 January 7th 06 01:18 PM
New dodge van??? J.Lef Dodge 9 December 6th 05 06:40 PM
Excellent Dodge car dealer experience in East Hanover, NJ [email protected] Dodge 0 December 10th 04 02:59 PM