In Defense of Enzo, who loved Jeeps

Old May 30th 05, 05:19 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

You may buy a new Ford GT 40 that beat the pants off ferrari:
http://www.autointell.com/nao_compan...d-gt-40-02.htm
Or just take a ride in the new one:
http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/m...=CURRENT_VIDEO
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 30th 05, 05:49 AM

Yeah, they beat Ferrari. Sure did.

ONCE.

Old May 30th 05, 05:51 AM

The Ford GT IS two hundred grand-but it's maybe fifty grand worth of
car, tops.

It's an overgrown Toyota MR2.

Old May 30th 05, 06:00 AM

Worse, they were jackoffs about it. instead of letting Ken Miles have
the win, which he needed, they were made to cross one-two-three-Ford
came off looking like jerks, which they were. Then, he was
killed....which made it worse. It was to Ford's racing program what
"After The Fall" was to Arthur Miller. Made them pariahs.

And the new GT is a joke-no fuel cell, no AN fittings, cast bolt-on
wheels, and an interior like a Focus. However, since most of their
market didn't even know what a GT-40 was, or associate 'Le Mans' with
anything but a Pontiac, it's looking like the joke is on them.

Old May 30th 05, 10:04 AM
Dave Milne

Well it depends on how much you want to pay. I can't see that getting
anywhere close to the Ferrari Enzo. Probably similar to the 575.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old May 30th 05, 03:19 PM
Ruel Smith

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

> I don't know where you're from, but we don't fix races.

No, but Ferrari did. I think it was 1964 or 1965 when Enzo got the last race
of the year, Monza, cancelled to prevent Ford from beating Ferrari for the
season. Now that's being a cry baby.

--

Registered Linux user #378193