driving in the rightmost lane is very dangerous

Old February 11th 05, 08:57 AM
Usual Suspect

Default driving in the rightmost lane is very dangerous

Many of you probably heard of Hans Bakker, a rising open software star,
whose life was prematurely finished because of driving in the deadly right
lane.

After dropping off Richard Stallman, at the end of the open software
conference in Europe last year (Stallman gave a talk about software
patents), Hans and his companions were driving in the deadly right lane,
when a merging truck collided with them, killing Hans, and injuring others.

I would like to urge all Linux enthusiasts to drive safely by staying in the
leftmost lane, if they are driving on a divided freeway, away from the
deadly onramps, where most of the accidents occur (opposite in England, of
course). This is what Hans would have wanted us to do.

Watch the speed limit, and stay in the left lane; let those Microsoft drones
drive in the right lane if they feel like being reckless. A Linux
programmer's life is too valuable to be wasted on traffic accidents.
Old February 11th 05, 12:11 PM
Jean-David Beyer

Usual Suspect wrote:
> Many of you probably heard of Hans Bakker, a rising open software star,
> whose life was prematurely finished because of driving in the deadly right
> lane.
>
> After dropping off Richard Stallman, at the end of the open software
> conference in Europe last year (Stallman gave a talk about software
> patents), Hans and his companions were driving in the deadly right lane,
> when a merging truck collided with them, killing Hans, and injuring others.
>
> I would like to urge all Linux enthusiasts to drive safely by staying in the
> leftmost lane, if they are driving on a divided freeway, away from the
> deadly onramps, where most of the accidents occur (opposite in England, of
> course). This is what Hans would have wanted us to do.

Does he want me to get ticked and fined for doing that? Here in New
Jersey, one is legally required to keep in the right hand lane except when
passing other vehicles.

> Watch the speed limit, and stay in the left lane; let those Microsoft drones
> drive in the right lane if they feel like being reckless. A Linux
> programmer's life is too valuable to be wasted on traffic accidents.

^^-^^ 07:05:00 up 22 days, 15:20, 3 users, load average: 2.24, 2.33, 2.57

Old February 11th 05, 01:02 PM
Arif Khokar

Jean-David Beyer wrote:

> Does he want me to get ticked and fined for doing that? Here in New
> Jersey, one is legally required to keep in the right hand lane except
> when passing other vehicles.

Don't worry about it. The OP is a troll.

But at least some good may come out of it (since this reminds me of some
hardware config problems I have under Mandrake that I've been meaning to
fix)
Old February 11th 05, 01:58 PM
Frank Peelo

"Jean-David Beyer" > wrote in message
> Usual Suspect wrote:
> > Many of you probably heard of Hans Bakker, a rising open software

star,
> > whose life was prematurely finished because of driving in the deadly

right
> > lane.
> >
> > After dropping off Richard Stallman, at the end of the open software
> > conference in Europe last year (Stallman gave a talk about software
> > patents), Hans and his companions were driving in the deadly right

lane,
> > when a merging truck collided with them, killing Hans, and injuring

others.

> > I would like to urge all Linux enthusiasts to drive safely by

staying in the
> > leftmost lane, if they are driving on a divided freeway, away from

the
> > deadly onramps, where most of the accidents occur (opposite in

England, of
> > course). This is what Hans would have wanted us to do.

> Does he want me to get ticked and fined for doing that? Here in New
> Jersey, one is legally required to keep in the right hand lane except

when
> passing other vehicles.

He might not, but I expect the Usual Suspect would settle for that if
you didn't get killed. His post looked like an attempt to reduce the
number of Linux people.

Frank

Old February 11th 05, 02:56 PM
Bill 2

"Usual Suspect" > wrote in message
> Many of you probably heard of Hans Bakker, a rising open software star,
> whose life was prematurely finished because of driving in the deadly right
> lane.
>
> After dropping off Richard Stallman, at the end of the open software
> conference in Europe last year (Stallman gave a talk about software
> patents), Hans and his companions were driving in the deadly right lane,
> when a merging truck collided with them, killing Hans, and injuring
> others.
>
> I would like to urge all Linux enthusiasts to drive safely by staying in
> the
> leftmost lane, if they are driving on a divided freeway, away from the
> deadly onramps, where most of the accidents occur (opposite in England, of
> course). This is what Hans would have wanted us to do.
>
> Watch the speed limit, and stay in the left lane; let those Microsoft
> drones
> drive in the right lane if they feel like being reckless. A Linux
> programmer's life is too valuable to be wasted on traffic accidents.

You get some points for trying, much more origianl than your last two
trolls.

Old February 11th 05, 03:38 PM
John Harlow

http://www.3dcafe.com/sounds/animals/cricket.wav

Old February 11th 05, 04:22 PM
Usual Suspect

Jean-David Beyer wrote:

> Usual Suspect wrote:
>> Many of you probably heard of Hans Bakker, a rising open software star,
>> whose life was prematurely finished because of driving in the deadly
>> right lane.
>>
>> After dropping off Richard Stallman, at the end of the open software
>> conference in Europe last year (Stallman gave a talk about software
>> patents), Hans and his companions were driving in the deadly right lane,
>> when a merging truck collided with them, killing Hans, and injuring
>> others.
>>
>> I would like to urge all Linux enthusiasts to drive safely by staying in
>> the leftmost lane, if they are driving on a divided freeway, away from
>> the deadly onramps, where most of the accidents occur (opposite in
>> England, of course). This is what Hans would have wanted us to do.

> Does he want me to get ticked and fined for doing that? Here in New
> Jersey, one is legally required to keep in the right hand lane except when
> passing other vehicles.
>>
>> Watch the speed limit, and stay in the left lane; let those Microsoft
>> drones drive in the right lane if they feel like being reckless. A Linux
>> programmer's life is too valuable to be wasted on traffic accidents.

Here's more info about Hans Bakker:
http://linuxreviews.org/news/2004/09/30_0_accident/

Richard Stallman narrowly escaped. I'm sure if RMS had still been in the
car, he would have insisted that they stay in the left lane instead of
driving recklessly.
Old February 11th 05, 04:27 PM
Elidel

Usual Suspect wrote:

> Richard Stallman narrowly escaped. I'm sure if RMS had still been in the
> car, he would have insisted that they stay in the left lane instead of
> driving recklessly.

Wouldn't he be building his own lane ?
Old February 11th 05, 07:10 PM
Linønut

Usual Suspect poked his little head through the XP firewall and said:

> Here's more info about Hans Bakker:
> http://linuxreviews.org/news/2004/09/30_0_accident/
>
> Richard Stallman narrowly escaped. I'm sure if RMS had still been in the
> car, he would have insisted that they stay in the left lane instead of
> driving recklessly.

Maybe it was a Microsoft plot.

<joke>

--
I'm going Siegfried for awhile
Old February 11th 05, 11:58 PM
Usual Suspect

Arif Khokar wrote:

> Jean-David Beyer wrote:
>
>> Does he want me to get ticked and fined for doing that? Here in New
>> Jersey, one is legally required to keep in the right hand lane except
>> when passing other vehicles.

> Don't worry about it. The OP is a troll.
>
> But at least some good may come out of it (since this reminds me of some
> hardware config problems I have under Mandrake that I've been meaning to
> fix)

Only morons use Mandrake, and since we already knew you were a moron, you
just added another datapoint supporting this theory.

HEMI's HOT Luke Smith Driving 208 December 19th 04 05:27 PM
There I was, Driving in the Right Lane... Dave Head Driving 110 December 18th 04 02:07 AM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM