OT classic ford?

Old November 10th 04, 02:49 AM
Bart Bervoets

Default OT classic ford?

Just coming from a scrapyard, needed some vw parts.
Between the usual crap on the yard is a little ford
van, looks a bit like a vw kombi but the front says
ford thames.
Chassis looks very decent, paint good, all parts
there and fully original, and the price is a bargain.
Papers and all are there.
Too good to be true?
Can anyone point me in the right direction, parts
wise (easy to fix, owner says engine blown) or is it
a straight keep your hands off, pain in the ass?

Bart Bervoets
South Africa

Old November 10th 04, 02:53 AM
Ryan Moore

bet the wheels look like this one of mine.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...44099308NEFnyp

--
Ryan Moore aka "69bajabug"
'69 Ex- Auto Stick "ZEEDEE"

"guaranteed to cause disorder in the universe"
http://community.webshots.com/user/69bajabug

Old November 10th 04, 12:53 PM
Howard Rose

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 21:01:29 GMT, Michael Cecil >
wrote:

>Looks like this?
>http://www.btinternet.com/~roncobb/photoE83Wvan.html
>
>Pretty neat looking.

My guess is that it is the later model:
http://www.witpg.org.uk/images/buses/BUS19.JPG

My grandfather used to run several of them for his business

--
Howard Rose
1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe
Old November 10th 04, 04:33 PM
Bart Bervoets

Definitly not it, the front is flat, no long nose.
Yours

Bart Bervoets

Old November 10th 04, 09:28 PM
Howard Rose

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:49:01 GMT, Michael Cecil >
wrote:

>Were they easy to maintain? In the US it's probably easy to get parts
>still but what about Bart's location?

I've no idea since I wasn't around in the '60's *grin*

I have a rather nice photo of one of the vans on it's side in a snow
bank - with the AA breakdown motorcycle next to it!

Parts? I've only ever seen a handful of those vans in all my time of
visiting classic car shows...

Old November 10th 04, 09:29 PM
Howard Rose

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:28:39 +0000, Howard Rose
> wrote:

>Parts? I've only ever seen a handful of those vans in all my time of
>visiting classic car shows...

On second thoughts - body panels will be very hard to find, but
mechanics were certainly shared with the rest of the Ford lineup.

Old November 11th 04, 07:41 PM
Howard Rose

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:45:06 -0800, "Bart Bervoets" >
wrote:

>> My guess is that it is the later model:
>> http://www.witpg.org.uk/images/buses/BUS19.JPG

>That's it!