2004 grand cherokee grill interchangable?

Old November 29th 05, 06:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 2004 grand cherokee grill interchangable?

My mom has an 04 grand cherokee laredo. She hit an owl a while back and
it busted up the grill. Needing to replace it I would like to have a
chrome one as I will be getting this jeep for myself this summer. Will
any grill from a 99-04 grand cherokee fit?

Old November 29th 05, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, wrote:

> My mom has an 04 grand cherokee laredo. She hit an owl a while back and
> it busted up the grill. Needing to replace it I would like to have a
> chrome one as I will be getting this jeep for myself this summer. Will
> any grill from a 99-04 grand cherokee fit?

Yes.
Old November 30th 05, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Thanks for the reply, the reason I am asking is because several people
told me the grills for the 04 mounted differently. Are there any
modifications I would have to do or would it be a direct fit?

Old November 30th 05, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

no
has to be a 2002 or newer

Old November 30th 05, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, the reason I am asking is because several people
> told me the grills for the 04 mounted differently.

Well, double-check my statement to make sure it's correct; hit
www.car-part.com (searchable used auto parts nationwide) and search for
grilles. Search results list only interchangeable years.
Old November 30th 05, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Well on www.car-part.com the only years that came up were 2004. If the
2004 grilles mount different than the 99-03 that sucks. I cant find one
for an 04 any where, its all 99-03. This is what I am looking at right
now
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-03... cmdZViewItem
I really like this grille, why arent there any aftermarket ones for the
04? I emailed them asking if it would fit. I'm waiting to see what they
say. But whos to say they would know either?

Old November 30th 05, 05:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, wrote:

> Well on
www.car-part.com the only years that came up were 2004. If the
> 2004 grilles mount different than the 99-03 that sucks.

What's yer problem? car-part.com gives three options for grilles for an
'04 Grand Cherokee:

Painted surround
Chrome surround w/painted silver bars
Chrome surround w/chrome bars

Want a chrome grille? Just click the last option!

Old November 30th 05, 05:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I see those three options but does that mean any of those three from a
99-04 will fit?

Old December 1st 05, 01:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, wrote:

> I see those three options but does that mean any of those three from a
> 99-04 will fit?

You are being amazingly thick. The
www.car-part.com interface is so simple
a 3rd-grader could successfully use it. If you cannot understand what it
is telling you when you search for grilles for 2004 Grand Cherokees, it is
because you're just not trying.
Old December 3rd 05, 01:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

go to a dealer with a body shop and ask the body shop manager he give u
the little details about the grills