Tornado Fuel Saver

Old December 24th 05, 02:12 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default Tornado Fuel Saver

I was wondering is this product really somthing that could save you fuel and
increase horsepower? Or is it a scam

Old December 24th 05, 02:56 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"Adam" > wrote in message
> I was wondering is this product really somthing that could save you

fuel and
> increase horsepower? Or is it a scam

SCAM

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...y/1802932.html

Old December 24th 05, 06:01 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

not worth the metal its stamped out of

Old December 24th 05, 07:46 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

You go faster cause you have less money to haul around.

Old December 25th 05, 01:51 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

yeah I noticed, they are like 65 bucks at autozone.

news

Old December 25th 05, 10:47 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 14:12:56 +0000, Adam wrote:

> I was wondering is this product really somthing that could save you fuel and
> increase horsepower? Or is it a scam

I don't know about you, but I question the wisdom of putting something the
equivalent of a super-thick tin foil or white metal in the stream of air
running directly to the engine, with no filter to stop the debris when the
blades break...

What was that loud noise I heard????

--
Have your Virtual Pet spayed/neutered!!

Old December 26th 05, 12:14 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 22:47:52 GMT, Hachiroku > wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 14:12:56 +0000, Adam wrote:
>
>> I was wondering is this product really somthing that could save you fuel and
>> increase horsepower? Or is it a scam

>I don't know about you, but I question the wisdom of putting something the
>equivalent of a super-thick tin foil or white metal in the stream of air
>running directly to the engine, with no filter to stop the debris when the
>blades break...
>
>What was that loud noise I heard????

It makes little sense to insert *anything* into a closed-loop system and
expect positive results, whether it turns into shrapnel or not...
Old December 26th 05, 12:21 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Good Point.

news

Old December 26th 05, 02:18 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 19:14:45 -0500, daytripper wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 22:47:52 GMT, Hachiroku > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 14:12:56 +0000, Adam wrote:
>>
>>> I was wondering is this product really somthing that could save you fuel and
>>> increase horsepower? Or is it a scam

>>I don't know about you, but I question the wisdom of putting something the
>>equivalent of a super-thick tin foil or white metal in the stream of air
>>running directly to the engine, with no filter to stop the debris when the
>>blades break...
>>
>>What was that loud noise I heard????

> It makes little sense to insert *anything* into a closed-loop system and
> expect positive results, whether it turns into shrapnel or not...

True.

I theory, it *should* work. The best way to increase HP is to increase the
flow of air. While this does not necessarily *increase* airflow, it does
create sort of a vortex effect, which should allow the air to move more
freely into the engine.

The downside is the same as a 'perpetual motion' machine. There is no such
thing. It takes energy to create energy; or a conversion of one form of
energy to another. Since this gadget goes into the air stream after the
filter, it is using the energy from the flow of air to spin it, and while
the creation of the vortex may offset slowing the air down in the first
place, I doubt it!

Best thing is to get an air intake; I put one on a Toyota Tercel for $75.
Now, you may laugh at the idea of putting a Cold Air Intake on a car like
the Tercel, but it got me 2 things: better throttle response from a dead
stop, and about 5 extra MPG. It went from 39/40MPG combined, to 44-45MPG
combined!

--
Have your Virtual Pet spayed/neutered!!

Old December 26th 05, 04:10 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

I wont laugh about you experiement with the Toyota, because I was told to do
the same to this v6, take off all the air box, tubing and then put a K&N
filter right on the throttle body, they said this would give me better
response at high speeds, and more MPG, but I would have to install a fan on
the computer in the drivers finder so it wouldnt over heat.

news