The Alfa Went To Ireland

Old July 27th 08, 07:58 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Default The Alfa Went To Ireland

Zathras wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 15:43:24 GMT, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> Zathras wrote:
>>> On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 14:52:52 GMT, Catman

>>> + run-flats and pressure mon..job done!
>>>

>> <g>
>>
>> Gloop is what you need.

> LOL..don't some tyre companies refuse to repair punctures if you've
> glooped em (due to the mess IIRC)?

Oh, has it been glooped? Mus have been the PO, mate....

Seriously, yes they complain but WTF are they going to do?

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old July 27th 08, 08:30 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 18:58:19 GMT, Catman
> wrote:

>Oh, has it been glooped? Mus have been the PO, mate....

;-)

>Seriously, yes they complain but WTF are they going to do?

Tell you you need a new tyre (as usual!).

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject will be auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old July 27th 08, 08:50 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Zathras wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 18:58:19 GMT, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> Oh, has it been glooped? Mus have been the PO, mate....

> ;-)
>
>> Seriously, yes they complain but WTF are they going to do?

> Tell you you need a new tyre (as usual!).

Oh I see *repair*. No, the point about gloop is that you never need to
repair punctures. You throw the tyre away if the thing is so badly
damaged or the tread has gone.

Old July 28th 08, 07:48 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
cupra

"Zathras" > wrote in message
> Just back from a 10 day overseas trip to Donegal in the Alfa - which
> is a rare breed there!
>
> Out on the western coast there were a few roads that were no-go for
> the Alfa due (in the main) to adverse camber though settlement was
> also an issue on the peat bogs. The Garmin satnav was absolutely
> amazing - it appears to have *every* road and track in Donegal mapped.
> It sometimes took us on *shortcuts* that a normal car would not have
> blinked at but, in the Alfa, things were often a lot more exciting
> and, frankly, tiring!

Interesting, I'm off to the Midlands next week.... which Garmin do you have?

Old July 28th 08, 01:23 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 07:48:47 +0100, " cupra"
> wrote:

>"Zathras" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Just back from a 10 day overseas trip to Donegal in the Alfa - which
>> is a rare breed there!
>>
>> Out on the western coast there were a few roads that were no-go for
>> the Alfa due (in the main) to adverse camber though settlement was
>> also an issue on the peat bogs. The Garmin satnav was absolutely
>> amazing - it appears to have *every* road and track in Donegal mapped.
>> It sometimes took us on *shortcuts* that a normal car would not have
>> blinked at but, in the Alfa, things were often a lot more exciting
>> and, frankly, tiring!

>Interesting, I'm off to the Midlands next week.... which Garmin do you have?

Nuvi 660 - the one with the ability to receive traffic information and
dynamically re-route (usually to the surprise of the driver!). Also
has a rather handy speed camera indication system. It's an excellent
device.

Old July 28th 08, 01:28 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 19:50:16 GMT, Catman
> wrote:

>Zathras wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 18:58:19 GMT, Catman
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, has it been glooped? Mus have been the PO, mate....

>> ;-)
>>
>>> Seriously, yes they complain but WTF are they going to do?

>> Tell you you need a new tyre (as usual!).
>>

>Oh I see *repair*.

Doh! Glasses time? :-(

>No, the point about gloop is that you never need to
>repair punctures.

Is that what it says on the tin? A mate of mine smashed up the rear of
his car fairly spectacularly when, two weeks after glooping, his
nearside rear tyre completely let go while going round a roundabout.
It had been perfect until then!

Old July 29th 08, 07:15 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Zathras wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 19:50:16 GMT, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> Zathras wrote:
>>> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 18:58:19 GMT, Catman

>>> ;-)

>>> Tell you you need a new tyre (as usual!).
>>>

>> Oh I see *repair*.

> Doh! Glasses time? :-(

Almost certainly

>> No, the point about gloop is that you never need to
>> repair punctures.

> Is that what it says on the tin? A mate of mine smashed up the rear of
> his car fairly spectacularly when, two weeks after glooping, his
> nearside rear tyre completely let go while going round a roundabout.
> It had been perfect until then!

I had a major puncture in my old Speed Triple read after about 1500
miles. Held good until the tyre was utterly useless.

Old July 29th 08, 12:29 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 06:15:24 GMT, Catman
> wrote:

>I had a major puncture in my old Speed Triple read after about 1500
>miles. Held good until the tyre was utterly useless.

A good test indeed. Maybe the formulation has been improved since my
mate smashed his car up a few years ago.

Old July 29th 08, 07:24 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
cupra

"Zathras" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 07:48:47 +0100, " cupra"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Zathras" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> Just back from a 10 day overseas trip to Donegal in the Alfa - which
>>> is a rare breed there!
>>>
>>> Out on the western coast there were a few roads that were no-go for
>>> the Alfa due (in the main) to adverse camber though settlement was
>>> also an issue on the peat bogs. The Garmin satnav was absolutely
>>> amazing - it appears to have *every* road and track in Donegal mapped.
>>> It sometimes took us on *shortcuts* that a normal car would not have
>>> blinked at but, in the Alfa, things were often a lot more exciting
>>> and, frankly, tiring!

>>Interesting, I'm off to the Midlands next week.... which Garmin do you
>>have?

> Nuvi 660 - the one with the ability to receive traffic information and
> dynamically re-route (usually to the surprise of the driver!). Also
> has a rather handy speed camera indication system. It's an excellent
> device.

Nice one - let's hope the roads are kind to the 147!