need cheap egine

Old October 5th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
fred25401 via CarKB.com

Default need cheap egine

i need an engine for my 1990 jeep comanche pioneer it has a 2.5

thank you and god bless

--
Fred elliott

Old October 5th 06, 09:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike chambers

Where do you live?
I have one i just picked up from an 88. There all the same from 88-90.

Later Mike

Old October 5th 06, 10:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]

Be carefull. "Some" states will only let you replace an engine from
the same year that of the vehilce (ex: 1990 vehicle must have a 1990
or newer engine). My best guess is that this would apply to those who
have emissions testing in their area. Check with your local Motor
Vehicle or garage to verify.

Eric

Old October 5th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Bill Kearney[_1_]

> Be carefull. "Some" states will only let you replace an engine from
> the same year that of the vehilce (ex: 1990 vehicle must have a 1990
> or newer engine).

And how would the clerk doing the testing know this? As long as the vehicle
passes the inspection levels required for it's year, would they even bother
checking serial numbers and/or attached equipment? Don't get me wrong, it's
a good idea to make your vehicle operate as cleanly and efficiently as
possible.

Old October 5th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
c[_1_]

"Bill Kearney" > wrote in message
>> Be carefull. "Some" states will only let you replace an engine from
>> the same year that of the vehilce (ex: 1990 vehicle must have a 1990
>> or newer engine).

> And how would the clerk doing the testing know this? As long as the
> vehicle
> passes the inspection levels required for it's year, would they even
> bother
> checking serial numbers and/or attached equipment? Don't get me wrong,
> it's
> a good idea to make your vehicle operate as cleanly and efficiently as
> possible.

Actually, in some states, they do check the engine serial number as part of
the emission certification test. the serial number contains a date code
specifying the manufacture date of the engine.

Chris

Old October 6th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
fred25401 via CarKB.com

martinsburg wv

--
Fred elliott

Old October 7th 06, 11:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
fred25401 via CarKB.com

did you get my messege

--
Fred elliott