Electric Spark noise from under dash when turning ignition key

Old April 26th 09, 09:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

Default Electric Spark noise from under dash when turning ignition key

"Pszemol" > wrote in
:

> "Tegger" > wrote in message
>>> So it is starter relay, not the fuel pump relay, Tegger?

>> The fuel pump relay.

> As you probably noticed, I was refering to the text written by honda
> titled "Starter Relay Buzzes". Is honda wrong claiming it is starter
> relay?
>
>>> Have I misunderstood you were mentioning something
>>> about different fuel pump wiring in toyota? Please explain...

>> The Toyota setup passes no current to the fuel pump until the engine
>> is turning (when key is turned to "start"). The Honda setup passes
>> current to the fuel pump for two seconds when the key is first turned
>> to "II" (BEFORE the key is turned to "start").

> I understand the statement you make about the differences between
> the honda and toyota designs in respect to powering fuel pump.
>
> What I have found comparing STARTER wiring diagrams between
> these two cars has nothing to do with the fuel pump. Honda service
> buileting also references STARTER relay, not fuel pump relay...
> Yet you still are talking about the fuel pump relay... why is that?

Because I'm wrong. The HSN article clearly states it's the starter relay,
not the fuel pump relay. I somehow missed that on the first read.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old April 26th 09, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"Tegger" > wrote in message
> Because I'm wrong.

Thank you, now I do understand ;-)