repairs and carfax

Old April 17th 09, 10:09 PM posted to alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Pszemol

Default repairs and carfax

"Leftie" > wrote in message
> Who is it who is supposed to "tell" Carfax?

The seller and buyer, both indirectly "tell" Carfax by registering
the transaction, paying taxes, geting new plates, etc.

> I assumed it was Carfax getting the info from government sources.

But if we get the situation where the car transfer was not registered
than government source did not have the info.

> Otherwise, with only passive data collection, they have no basis
> at all to make the claims that they make.

Do they claim actively persue collecting data? Where?

> And just to clarify what should already be clear: the car was
> registered under the student's name. It had previously been
> registered under his uncle's name.

:-) Right. I guess we have to believe your word...

> Does anyone really think that Carfax would have declined to defend their
> claim if they had any basis to do so...? They had clearly checked, found
> that it was indeed a "three owner car!" and offered only the lame
> justification that *some* of the information they provided was true.

Somehow I doubt it...
They would not waste their time checking this for $40.
They just give the money back because you called and cry about it.

Do I understand correctly that you will never purchase Carfax again?

Old April 18th 09, 11:15 AM posted to alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Leftie

Pszemol wrote:
> "Leftie" > wrote in message
>> Who is it who is supposed to "tell" Carfax?

> The seller and buyer, both indirectly "tell" Carfax by registering
> the transaction, paying taxes, geting new plates, etc.
>
>> I assumed it was Carfax getting the info from government sources.

> But if we get the situation where the car transfer was not registered
> than government source did not have the info.
>
>> Otherwise, with only passive data collection, they have no basis
>> at all to make the claims that they make.

> Do they claim actively persue collecting data? Where?
>
>> And just to clarify what should already be clear: the car was
>> registered under the student's name. It had previously been
>> registered under his uncle's name.

> :-) Right. I guess we have to believe your word...
>
>> Does anyone really think that Carfax would have declined to defend
>> their claim if they had any basis to do so...? They had clearly
>> checked, found that it was indeed a "three owner car!" and offered
>> only the lame justification that *some* of the information they
>> provided was true.

> Somehow I doubt it...
> They would not waste their time checking this for $40.
> They just give the money back because you called and cry about it.
>

> Do I understand correctly that you will never purchase Carfax again?

Yes. Further, you're just a troll who's going in my filter. Say
hello to all the other teenaged boys in there. Ah, usenet...
Old April 20th 09, 03:07 AM posted to alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
z[_1_]

On Apr 17, 2:38*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> Leftie > wrote :
>

> > * * Who is it who is supposed to "tell" Carfax? I assumed it was
> > * * Carfax getting the info from government sources.

> Collision info goes to no government. Only the insurance company knows. And
> even then they know only if a claim is made and/or if a police charge is
> laid.
>
> As for ownership changes and emissions failures, those could only come from
> the government agencies that administer those things.
>
> > Otherwise, with only passive data collection, they have no basis at all
> > to make the claims that they make.

> That's what I gather from what I've been able to discover.
>
> --
> Tegger

"'CarFax gets reports from 22,000 sources,' said company spokesman
Larry Gamache. He said CarFax has more information than any other
provider of car history data but said it doesn't have access to all
information."
http://www.courant.com/business/cust...1031345.column

Old April 20th 09, 04:26 PM posted to alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Pszemol

"Leftie" > wrote in message
>> Do I understand correctly that you will never purchase Carfax again?

> Yes.

Good. That would be consistent with your complaint.

> Further, you're just a troll who's going in my filter. Say
> hello to all the other teenaged boys in there. Ah, usenet...

Why would I care ?
Why would anybody care here who do you read and who you dont?
It is your personal choice.

repairs and carfax Passenger General 0 April 9th 09 08:28 PM
Midnight Repairs Veeduber VW air cooled 11 December 27th 07 12:17 AM
Transmission Repairs yennaiv Technology 0 May 15th 07 11:05 PM
Repairs sammyg 4x4 1 December 28th 06 03:16 AM
97 xlt different repairs need to be done fogdog Ford Explorer 1 October 19th 05 02:51 AM