Goodbye (for now)

Old January 29th 09, 04:39 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
cupra

Default Goodbye (for now)

The 147 has finally gone after 168,000 miles over 4 years 8 months - for
princely sum of £1600.

A year of Ford ownership while the economy sorts itself out (touch wood) and
lease prices come down to something resembling sensible for 40K pa users!

Old January 29th 09, 06:56 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

cupra > wrote:

> The 147 has finally gone after 168,000 miles over 4 years 8 months - for
> princely sum of £1600.

Wow! That's quite impressive.

And a fairly decent sale price, given the mileage.

> A year of Ford ownership while the economy sorts itself out (touch wood) and
> lease prices come down to something resembling sensible for 40K pa users!

I've had a Kia Rio 2 hire car for a week.... now, I believed it to be a
heap of ****e when it was delivered, but I've caned it to within an inch
of its life this week and almost enjoyed it. I can see why Ford are in
trouble, as the list price for it is £4k less than that of an equivalent
Fiesta.

Anyway, back to my point.... I've got a Focus 1.6 TDCI cominf tomorrow
morning, as all new car orders are on hold for a few weeks, so I had to
take something from the pool.
www.italiancar.co.uk - Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed
Alfa 75 TSpark Lusso - Ducati 750SS - <Company car pending>
Old January 29th 09, 07:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
cupra

"SteveH" > wrote in message
k...
> cupra > wrote:
>
>> The 147 has finally gone after 168,000 miles over 4 years 8 months - for
>> princely sum of £1600.

> Wow! That's quite impressive.
>
> And a fairly decent sale price, given the mileage.

Yeah, I was quite please - was expecting a grand or so.

>> A year of Ford ownership while the economy sorts itself out (touch wood)
>> and
>> lease prices come down to something resembling sensible for 40K pa users!

> I've had a Kia Rio 2 hire car for a week.... now, I believed it to be a
> heap of ****e when it was delivered, but I've caned it to within an inch
> of its life this week and almost enjoyed it. I can see why Ford are in
> trouble, as the list price for it is £4k less than that of an equivalent
> Fiesta.

Yep - these days the gap between cheaper brands and expensive has come down
massively in terms of quality etc... but the price differentials are still
there...

> Anyway, back to my point.... I've got a Focus 1.6 TDCI cominf tomorrow
> morning, as all new car orders are on hold for a few weeks, so I had to
> take something from the pool.

lol - and that's exactly what I've got for the next year Steve! Not too bad
really (although doesn't compare to the 147 of course!) and it'll do for a
while....

Old January 29th 09, 08:09 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Alan Rogers[_2_]

> The 147 has finally gone after 168,000 miles over 4 years 8 months - for
> princely sum of £1600.
>
> A year of Ford ownership while the economy sorts itself out (touch wood)
> and lease prices come down to something resembling sensible for 40K pa
> users!

Ford, are you mad.... can't get the spares

All the best with it

<whispers> he'll be back.

Alan
--
Change the obvious to reply

Old January 30th 09, 07:06 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
cupra

"Alan Rogers" > wrote in message
>> The 147 has finally gone after 168,000 miles over 4 years 8 months - for
>> princely sum of £1600.
>>
>> A year of Ford ownership while the economy sorts itself out (touch wood)
>> and lease prices come down to something resembling sensible for 40K pa
>> users!

> Ford, are you mad.... can't get the spares
>
> All the best with it
>
> <whispers> he'll be back.

Cheers, I will be back - that's a given!

Goodbye... Don Manning Ford Mustang 6 July 10th 06 11:28 PM
Goodbye RAS rex roland Simulators 23 June 24th 06 09:16 AM
Goodbye and thank you Tim Saturn 11 December 22nd 05 01:24 PM
Goodbye YJ, Hello TJ! jgrobert Jeep 10 August 4th 05 04:14 PM
Goodbye Gatlin90 Alfa Romeo 1 March 18th 05 06:43 AM