When do you use ESP ?

Old November 27th 04, 02:19 PM
Nate Nagel

There is a switch on the dash as well, older cars with traction control
only had an "ASR" switch instead.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old December 1st 04, 10:49 PM
Drew V

Last time we met, MatMite > had said:
> I've had my car for 2 years and never bothered to use the ESP on/off button.
> What is it's main use.

In snowy weather it's often more harm than good, especially when
going up hills.

dv

The geographical center of Boston is in Roxbury. Due north of the
center we find the South End. This is not to be confused with South
Boston which lies directly east from the South End. North of the South
End is East Boston and southwest of East Boston is the North End.
Old December 1st 04, 10:49 PM
Drew V

Old December 1st 04, 11:50 PM
Tom R.

We have ESP in two vehicles, a 2003 Jetta TDI and a 2001 MB ML 320. In the
Jetta while trying to ascend an icy driveway in Vermont last year the ESP
was more of a hindrance than a help. A little Kitty Litter and turning off
the ESP got me up the driveway with ease. However, while driving in a rain
storm on a dual carriageway at 70 mph the MB's ESP took over when we started
to plane and saved the day. (Yes I was going to fast, but the onslaught of
the rain was rather sudden). Overall I am glad to have it rather than be
without it.

Tom

.. .

Old December 1st 04, 11:50 PM
Tom R.

We have ESP in two vehicles, a 2003 Jetta TDI and a 2001 MB ML 320. In the
Jetta while trying to ascend an icy driveway in Vermont last year the ESP
was more of a hindrance than a help. A little Kitty Litter and turning off
the ESP got me up the driveway with ease. However, while driving in a rain
storm on a dual carriageway at 70 mph the MB's ESP took over when we started
to plane and saved the day. (Yes I was going to fast, but the onslaught of
the rain was rather sudden). Overall I am glad to have it rather than be
without it.

Tom

.. .