Another PDPI or USB-TSW question.

Old January 9th 05, 08:12 PM
Don Scurlock

"Triathlete" > wrote in
:

> "Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message
>: On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 04:06:46 -0500, David Ciemny wrote:

>: Not meaning to hijack the thread, but what kind of resolution do you
>: get on the "factory converted" tsw units? With the rockfire adapter
>: and high spec spots, GPL calibration gives me around 200 separate
>: values on the steering axis and around 60 on the brake axis. I'd
>: really like to find out how the tsw conversion units fare in this
>: department.

> I have the factory converted TSW and my values are close to what
> you're getting. Steering = 223, brake = 71 and throttle = 72. The
> main difference I'm seeing compared to the Rockfire adapter I was
> previously using, is the overall smoothness of the wheel and pedals.
> Also, there were times that the Rockfire just wouldn't work. When I
> would start a sim, the controller wasn't recognized. I would have to
> do a reboot to get it working.

Just to confuse the issue. With the 250K ohm pots that came stock in my
ECCI system, GPL gives me a range of 2083 for steering, 1186 for throttle,
and 1076 for brake.
Also, on the ECCI site they sell the Rockfire USB Adapter and specify that
it requires 250k pots.

http://ecci6000.com/products.asp?id=ALL&pg=6

DonS

Old January 10th 05, 05:04 PM
Pascal Dukers

Pascal Dukers wrote:
> Uwe Schürkamp wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 17:45:41 +0100, Pascal Dukers wrote:
>>
>>> I know that after a simple and non permanent modification to the
>>> wiring my TSW2 wheel, I could increase the resolution a lot. My
>>> gameport would only recognize it when I turn the wheel to the left
>>> Have not tried it with the pedals yet, but it should be possible
>>> there too.

>> Care to tell us what you did then?

> Fist a disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible for invalidation of any
> warranty on your steering device or a not working steering device
> resulting from making these modifications
>
> You need to connect a wire from the spare potentiometer pin through to
> the Ground on the connector block (see pic). You will need to solder the
> wire to the potentiometer in order to get a suitable connection.
>
> If the steering does not work correctly then it may be because the wiper
> and Vcc wires are the wrong way round on your potentiometer. You can
> check to see if you need to change this by seeing if the white (centre)
> wire connects to the pin 3 on the 15-pin connector (see pic). If it does
> not and it is connected to pin 1 instead then you will need to swap the
> two corresponding wires around where they connect into the connector block.

And of course I can't guarantee it will work for you. It was not
intended for an usb converter, I was just bored back then
Old January 11th 05, 04:32 AM
LA45

Thanks to all for the info., and suggestions. I've decided to send the
wheel back for the USB upgrade.

Larry

Old January 11th 05, 02:38 PM
LA45