Urgent: Car studder

Old December 4th 04, 02:14 AM

Default Urgent: Car studder

I cleaned out all of the igntion wires that go to the ignition modules.. and
I cleaned the ignition module connecting parts where the wires plug into. I
changed the spark plugs (NGK Iridium). The studder is still there. Studder
on acceleration that is. Please advise. Thanks.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old December 4th 04, 04:46 PM
Backyard Mechanic

opined in . com:

> I cleaned out all of the igntion wires that go to the ignition modules..
> and I cleaned the ignition module connecting parts where the wires plug
> into. I changed the spark plugs (NGK Iridium). The studder is still
> there. Studder on acceleration that is. Please advise. Thanks.

No codes?
Old December 4th 04, 07:57 PM

Nope. No codes..

-Mike

Old December 4th 04, 08:16 PM
Backyard Mechanic

Tell me this... how does it run with the Motorcraft double plats it was
designed with/for?

You know, a lot of earlier fords did not take well to the Bosch Plats when
they came out. My SVO would start to have a no-load miss after using them
about a week.

Dont discount this weird effect.

Old December 4th 04, 08:26 PM
Backyard Mechanic

What Transmission do you have?

BTW, it's either shudder or stutter...
Old December 4th 04, 11:38 PM

A bit both both?? LOL sorry.

-Mike

Old December 4th 04, 11:40 PM

*cry* I _had_ NGK Iridium plugs in it... I put in Bosch double plat. plugs
in b/c the O'Reilly sales droid recommended them. I also put dielectric
grease (aka spark plug boot grease??) in the boots on the driver's side 4
boots (experimenting). Should I clean that crap out of the boots as best as
I can??

-Mike

Old December 5th 04, 12:50 AM
Backyard Mechanic

Okay... if it DOEs seem to be an ignition problem... dont get freaking
confused.

Are you saying it's even worse? Or the same?

I doubt the problem is the dielectric grease unless it's contaminated,... but
it may be if it's cheap stuff. If contaminated you cant clean it up,
sufficiently

Quit trying to get better performance with the "magic plug"... my point about
the Bosch is that they were SH!t in my and several other fords I knew of.
Several people on here swore by them, but I tried them twice and removed a
third set from a car I bought, all because of missing. No other changes..
and problems went away

Your car came with Motorcraft Double Plats and that's what you need to go
back to... and maybe new wires/boots.

opined in . com:

Old December 5th 04, 01:18 AM

I just put in new wires/boots. I'll switch back to Ford Motorcraft double
plat's & see if that helps/fixes it. Thanks, BM.

I've heard that Bosch sucked & that Bosch was the way to go.... so I figured
I'd take a chance & see if they worked. I wasn't looking for any performance
increase at all... I was looking for stability. Obviously not to be found in
Bosch products for me.

-Mike

Old December 6th 04, 09:40 PM

I replaced the plugs with Ford Motorcraft OEM plugs (plat's)... stutter is
still there. Not as bad, but still there. I'm thinking the di-electric
grease screwed things... but I don't know, since the stutter was there
before the di-electric grease. Is there really any advantage to using MSD
ignition products over the stock versions?

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake
FRPP 3.73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
Hi-speed fan switch
255/60R-15 rear tires
Subframe connectors

> wrote in message
. com...
> I cleaned out all of the igntion wires that go to the ignition modules..

and
> I cleaned the ignition module connecting parts where the wires plug into.

> changed the spark plugs (NGK Iridium). The studder is still there. Studder
> on acceleration that is. Please advise. Thanks.
>
> -Mike
>
> --
> A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
> Cold air intake
> FRPP 3.73 gears
> Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
> Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
> Hi-speed fan switch
> 255/60R-15 rear tires
> Subframe connectors

Urgent! need people with knowledge with Honda's! Rattus the RAT Honda 15 December 28th 04 07:46 PM
URGENT....PLEASE R S General 0 June 25th 04 11:27 AM
Urgent advice please.Audi 80 1800 cylinder head replacement. Reubo Audi 2 May 20th 04 09:58 PM
Urgent advice LandRover IIA ignition barrel lock DrF 4x4 4 December 30th 03 06:26 PM