turbonator

Old July 22nd 05, 07:20 PM
Me

Put them "Fire Injectors" on, Installed a Turbonator, Put a couple of cow
magnets next to the fuel line. Poured in that there Slick 50. Only problem
now is my car is getting such good gas mileage, I have to stop every 50
miles and drain some gas outta the tank!
;>)

Old July 22nd 05, 10:38 PM
Spike

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:44:22 -0400, "John"
> wrote:

>"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
>> muffster wrote:
>>> has anyone tried installing the turbonator on there mustang and if so
>>> what were the results?
>>> http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWordsMustang
>>>
>>> I have a 02 GT and was wondering if this add on might be worth while.

>> Sned them an email and ask how the "swirling effect" created at the
>> throttlebody manages to continue swirling all the way through the tubes of
>> the upper intake around curves, past the valves and into the combustion
>> chamber. They won't reply.

>Golly, wouldn't friction and going around curves (induced secondary flows)
>tend to dissipate the initial swirl? ****ing morons!

Wouldn't that depend on whether you are above, on, or below the
equator? Thing might work for the Aussies....

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address
Old July 22nd 05, 10:40 PM
Spike

I was really surprised to see it advertised in either Jegs or
Summit.... JC Whitney I would have expected....

Old July 23rd 05, 10:39 AM
John

"Spike" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:44:22 -0400, "John"
> > wrote:
>
>>"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message

>>> Sned them an email and ask how the "swirling effect" created at the
>>> throttlebody manages to continue swirling all the way through the tubes
>>> of
>>> the upper intake around curves, past the valves and into the combustion
>>> chamber. They won't reply.

>>Golly, wouldn't friction and going around curves (induced secondary flows)
>>tend to dissipate the initial swirl? ****ing morons!

> Wouldn't that depend on whether you are above, on, or below the
> equator? Thing might work for the Aussies....

No, the forces that create secondary flows in pipe and tubing are stronger
than the coriolis effect.

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

Old July 23rd 05, 10:21 PM
Spike

BUMMER! I got some friends in Aussie land who were hoping it might
just work for them.

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 05:39:23 -0400, "John"
> wrote:

.. .

Old July 24th 05, 01:51 AM
John

"Spike" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 05:39:23 -0400, "John"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Spike" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:44:22 -0400, "John"

>>> Wouldn't that depend on whether you are above, on, or below the
>>> equator? Thing might work for the Aussies....

>>No, the forces that create secondary flows in pipe and tubing are stronger
>>than the coriolis effect.

> BUMMER! I got some friends in Aussie land who were hoping it might
> just work for them.

Ain't gonna happen. So go, and may the force be with you, the turbonator
force that is! :-)

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

Old July 25th 05, 02:15 AM
Backyard Mechanic

"muffster" > wrote in

> has anyone tried installing the turbonator on there mustang and if so
> what were the results?
> http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWordsMustang
>
> I have a 02 GT and was wondering if this add on might be worth while.
>
> thanks.. Keith

Snake oil based on very specific requisites.

True, swirl DOES promote better gas/air mixture
- AND SOMETIMES cylinder fill
Ford called it "HSC" for high swirl chamber in the 2.3 OHV's but that was
at the opposite end.

and you will note that they only show the demo at wide Open Throttle

Because the long distance between the insert and the injectors/valves will
negate any useful effect... esp at cruising where your throttle butterfly
is almost closed anyway

But if you believe in it enough and click your heels three times after you
install it you will swear you get both better milage and more power.
Old July 25th 05, 05:12 AM
66 6F HCS

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote
> Sned them an email and ask how the "swirling effect" created at the
> throttlebody manages to continue swirling all the way through the tubes of
> the upper intake around curves, past the valves and into the combustion
> chamber. They won't reply.

Couldn't you say the same thing about the 4-hole carb spacers with the
"swirl" built in?
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289

Old July 26th 05, 07:33 PM
Me

I think a better use for one of these would be to put it in the toilet and
increase the swirl effect. Maybe increase the "Gas mileage"? ;>)

Old July 28th 05, 01:57 AM
Hank

David M wrote:

> Pure snake oil.

> From their web site:
> 35 HP boosts are not typical. Your results with the Turbonator will
> probably, but not necessarily, be less.

I liked this part:

"If you don't feel comfortable installing it, have your
mechanic do it for you. If he doesn't install it for free,
find a new mechanic."

-

http://www.commondreams.org/
http://www.truthout.org/
http://www.prohibitioncosts.org/
http://thirdworldtraveler.com/
http://counterpunch.org/
http://responsiblewealth.org/
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/pol/80315675.html

"They are waging a campaign of murder and destruction. And
there is no limit to the innocent lives they are willing to
take... men with blind hatred and armed with lethal weapons
who are capable of any atrocity... they respect no laws of
warfare or morality."
-bu$h describing his own illegal invasion of Iraq.
http://www.robert-fisk.com/iraqwarvictims_mar2003.htm

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things
that matter." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them. And then
he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did."
-- George W. Bush

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the
will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the
Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."
-- Adolf Hitler

or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is
not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable
to the American public."
-- Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

Don't let bu$h do to the United States what his very close
friend and top campaign contributor, Ken Lay, did to Enron...