'96 New Yorker Engine Cradle Bushing Alignment

Old October 11th 04, 10:33 PM
Sam

Default '96 New Yorker Engine Cradle Bushing Alignment

....searched the news group but haven't found anything relevant to
this. I've installed the engine cradle isolator bushings on my '96 New
Yorker, and I'm told by a few shops that I need to have the engine
aligned. The Haynes manual has no information on it at all. Has anyone
encountered this? How do I align it? How can I know what the correct
alignment is? What consequences do I face if I drive it w/o proper
alignment? Would it be safe to drive it to a mechanic to align if it's
something I can't do myself?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Old October 12th 04, 06:39 AM
Art

There was a complicated TSB for that vehicle when there was a complaint that
it faded to the left. Wonder if that is what they are talking about.
Someone posted an outline of it here years ago. If you search using
www.google.com the groups page to search this group you should be able to
find it. Also you should see it listed under www.alldata.com and get the
number and ask your dealer to print it out for you.

m...

Old October 12th 04, 06:39 AM
Art

There was a complicated TSB for that vehicle when there was a complaint that
it faded to the left. Wonder if that is what they are talking about.
Someone posted an outline of it here years ago. If you search using
www.google.com the groups page to search this group you should be able to
find it. Also you should see it listed under www.alldata.com and get the
number and ask your dealer to print it out for you.

m...

Old October 22nd 04, 05:27 PM
Sam

Thanks for the input. The www.alldata.com link was helpful. I couldn't
find anything relevant in my search of the group.

In talking with some mechanics I know, I've learned that this isn't
too big of a deal. Most likely the cradle alignment, if not correct
when the bushings are reinstalled, can be aligned during a normal
front-end alignment, which is good to know.

Thanks!