Locking gas cap broken

Old August 30th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
FrankW

Default Locking gas cap broken

Gi'day all
How does the gas cap come off if the locking
mechanism is broken?
I can insert the key and turn but when turning the cap
to remove it it wont come off. Luckily I'm still
under warranty but if this happen again it would
be nice to know how to remove it.
Thanks in Advance
Cheers
Frank

Old August 30th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Get it fixed and then look to see if they had to put a new gas tank or
filler neck in if it comes apart.

I can't see any other way to get it off if the key mechanism won't do
it.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old August 30th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
pigdos

This reminds me of something that recently happened to my ex-boss. He runs a
business w/a large delivery truck (it's a double axle truck w/dual tires on
the back). Anyway, he came back after a weekend and discovered the truck
wouldn't start because it was out of gas. The truck had a locking gas cap
too. When they looked under the truck they found the gas lines had been cut
and all the fuel drained out of the tank. This was in Sylmar, CA.

--
Doug

Old August 30th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

The truck probably had $150 worth of fuel in it...

"pigdos" > wrote in message
t...
> This reminds me of something that recently happened to my ex-boss. He runs
> a business w/a large delivery truck (it's a double axle truck w/dual tires
> on the back). Anyway, he came back after a weekend and discovered the
> truck wouldn't start because it was out of gas. The truck had a locking
> gas cap too. When they looked under the truck they found the gas lines had
> been cut and all the fuel drained out of the tank. This was in Sylmar, CA.
>
> --
> Doug
> "Mike Romain" > wrote in message
>> Get it fixed and then look to see if they had to put a new gas tank or
>> filler neck in if it comes apart.
>>
>> I can't see any other way to get it off if the key mechanism won't do
>> it.
>>
>> Mike
>> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
>> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
>> Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
>> Jan/06 http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2115147590
>> (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)
>>
>> FrankW wrote:
>>>
>>> Gi'day all
>>> How does the gas cap come off if the locking
>>> mechanism is broken?
>>> I can insert the key and turn but when turning the cap
>>> to remove it it wont come off. Luckily I'm still
>>> under warranty but if this happen again it would
>>> be nice to know how to remove it.
>>> Thanks in Advance
>>> Cheers
>>> Frank

Old August 30th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Crap man on our last road trip, I got $120.00 worth in my CJ7 at one
place!! Another place managed to get 85 liters into my 76 liter tank,
but that was only $98.00 worth....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old August 31st 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

I got gasoline at Marathon tonight for $2.39 per gallon. Shell was also
$2.39, Mobil was $2.40 but with a fill-up you got a $5 gift card from a
local grocery.

Old August 31st 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Greg[_1_]

What the hell are you paying for gas over there Mike? 76 liters on my side
today would be $84.28, $1.109 a liter, and for those in the US that's about
$4.19 a gallon.

Old August 31st 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

They are gouging us for over $1.30 a liter in places and they have their
meters cranked up so we are paying for air. I got more than 76 liters
in my 76 liter tank in 'several' places along the Trans Canada Highway!
Pure theft!

When I put my replacement 'used' OEM gas tank on, I filled it up at a
local ESSO and got almost 78 liters into it. That would include the
filler pipe.

I 'drove' into all these rip off places under my own power so I 'wasn't'
out of gas.

The worst thieves were Ringuette & Fils 'Ultramar' in a place called St.
Ann de Madw that got the 85.1 liters in. It was 'only' $1.158 per liter
though.

The province of Nova Scotia regulates their gas and regular was $1.20+
with premium at $1.30+ if I remember right. Then I just heard in the
news they figured it was too high so they dropped it a whopping 10
cents.

Now today here in Ontario the pricks have dropped it to $0.76 a liter!!!

Who is gouging whom eh?

Mike

Old August 31st 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

On the way home from last Labor Day's camping trip regular gas was
$1.337(Cn) per liter in Windsor which is $4.30 (US) per gallon.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...1096722&idx=22

It was $1.17 per gallon cheaper across the river in Detroit.

I think his comment was intended to show that this station was able to pump
gar more into the gastank than the tank capacity.