Pix of my Caddy veg oil truck.

Old July 22nd 05, 02:53 AM
Whole Lotta Tom

Default Pix of my Caddy veg oil truck.

I threw together a skeleton webpage of the veg oil conversion of my 1982
Rabbit diesel truck. More pix and much more info to come.

http://www.geocities.com/styleline58/main.html

Tom

My diesel truck runs on used veg oil!
http://www.geocities.com/styleline58/main.html

My 1958 Ford
http://www.geocities.com/styleline58/

Visit the Cleveland Engine Forum
http://www.351cleveland.net

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment
insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of
that party again.... There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that
believes you can do these things. Among them are H.L. Hunt...a few other
Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or businessman from
other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid."

--President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Old July 23rd 05, 01:07 AM
Nathan Lucas

how does the running comapre to "normal" diesel fuel? similar miles per
gallon? how is the performance? and have you noticed any difference in the
amount of noise it creates?

looks very interesting mate, and i'd be interested to see/hear more about it

news

Old July 23rd 05, 01:34 AM
Whole Lotta Tom

Nathan Lucas wrote:
> how does the running comapre to "normal" diesel fuel?

Same, as far as I can tell.

>similar miles
> per gallon?

Too soon to know. BEsides, I think my speedo is off. Gotta check that.

>how is the performance?

About the same. I think it has a little less power than dinodiesel, but it
does not bother me. Not a big difference.

>and have you noticed any
> difference in the amount of noise it creates?

No difference there. Flip the switch and it's like nothing happened. Nice!

> looks very interesting mate, and i'd be interested to see/hear more
> about it

I'll report to the group when I have more info or if something blows up.
;-)