134a Refrigerant

Old July 21st 05, 04:32 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Ditto.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 21st 05, 04:52 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
.. .
> Tell us what happens when you don't stop mixing!

i know why you cling to this belief but the wind doesnt constantly blow.

Old July 21st 05, 04:57 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
.. .
> Of course I am

heh...as if we didnt already know that.

> You still don't see your grammatical error!

lol....crying about grammar is yet another sign of your pitiful desperation!

>>great! now give me an alternative to replacing an HMC in a pinch.

> No ambient specification.

that wasnt my post to you.....that was my post to jeff. my post to YOU
clearly stated -30 degrees.

>>and "in a pinch" means an alternative to "doing it right" to get you
>>through
>>temporarily when youre "in a pinch" (such as on a roof top on a -30 degree
>>day).

> The 'such as' condition is by no means limiting

lol you can squirm like a little weasel all day long and it wont change a
thing! i clearly listed -30 degrees and you later accused me of trying to
change criteria and slip one in. i have exposed your lies yet again, and
its fun to watch you try to squirm. :-D

> Call me a liar, too...

liar.

Old July 21st 05, 04:58 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
.. .
> > youre still just a liar.

> What? No smileys? No 'TRANSLATION'?

no need, theres nothing funny in that statement. you are a liar.

Old July 21st 05, 02:20 PM
jeff

Nathan W. Collier wrote:
> "jeff" > wrote in message
>
>>the preponderance of the links came back using the term Freon generically

> i can do a google and provide you with dozens of links to sites who
> celebrate adolph hitler as a hero. does that mean hitler was a hero? of
> course not.

Nice strawman, BUT, if you do the search you talk of, the fraction of
number of main-line historical hits compared to the nutball neo-nazi
hits is probably over 100:1. Not the same at all.

> "freon" is not used within the industry as anymore more than a
> brand name. they may use it so that ignorant ****s like you can read along
> and pretend you know something about it, but that doesnt make it proper.

And stupid ****s like you refuse to look beyond the cartoon version of
their service manual _Refrigeration_for_Dummys_. I am not disagreeing
that Freon is a registered trademark of DuPont. I *am* saying that their
branding was too good and for the majority of the population, including
the examples I provided of more than a score of engineering firms, Freon
is a generic term. It's not a matter of what is "Proper", simply a
reflection of what *is*.

>>On one hand I have your unsupported assertion that *NOBODY* in the
>>"Industry"
>>would ever use FREON in place of R-12 or dichlordiflouromethane.
>>Conversely I have provided 25 cites ( and that was just the tip of the
>>iceberg) showing common use of the term Freon for cfc based refrigerants.
>>Appeals to authority are not a valid argument technique, especially when
>>the authority is yourself.

> well i guess your little google search makes you the expert! :-)

I have never claimed expertise, I simply demonstrated the fundamental
error in your statement that the word Freon is NEVER used as a generic
term for CFCs/a Class of Refrigerants/a chemical compound.

>>Yep, the same mechanism disburses freon in the atmosphere :-)

> not comparable. youre talking about lifting scores of miles and thats not
> going to happen from typical winds.

Ok then, I am still waiting to see these puddles of freon of yours!

>>What prevents some portion of that which a fan lifted a couple of feet
>>from being further lifted by a breeze outside? You can't have your
>>argument both ways.

> the breeze doesnt blow from ground level to the ozone layer.

Metrology by Nate: Cumulo-Nimbus clouds do not exist! Just like Bill's
invisible force field at the equator which prevents any and all air
exchange between the hemispheres.
LMAO

--
jeff
Old July 21st 05, 05:18 PM
Nathan W. Collier

"jeff" > wrote in message
newsiNDe.13026$N91.269@trnddc08...
> Nice strawman

not a strawman. i was making the point that you can find websites to
support most any view you care to take. that doesnt make it factual.

> And stupid ****s like you refuse to look beyond the cartoon version of
> their service manual _Refrigeration_for_Dummys_.

this coming from someone arguing a point about an industry he's totally
ignorant in because of what he read on google. ha! :-)

> I *am* saying that their branding was too good and for the majority of the
> population, including the examples I provided of more than a score of
> engineering firms, Freon is a generic term.

only to the _ignorant_ which is what ive stated from the beginning. using
the term is why i called you ignorant. defending its usage as industry
terminology in the face of someone within the industry telling you otherwise
is what makes you an ignorant ****.

> I simply demonstrated the fundamental error in your statement that the
> word Freon is NEVER used as a generic term for CFCs/a Class of
> Refrigerants/a chemical compound.

i didnt say it was never used. i said it was never used within the
industry. BOTTOM LINE, you stated "freon is a compound". dictionary.com
defines freon as a trademark.

> Ok then, I am still waiting to see these puddles of freon of yours!

concentration. i know that the wind will blow it around a mix it up, but
its not going to carry it all the way to the ozone layer. do you have any
idea how short the life of chlorine is in sunlight?

Old July 21st 05, 07:15 PM
jeff

Nathan W. Collier wrote:
> "jeff" > wrote in message
> newsiNDe.13026$N91.269@trnddc08...
>
>>Nice strawman

> not a strawman. i was making the point that you can find websites to
> support most any view you care to take. that doesnt make it factual.

Google: [Freon Refrigeration]
Seven out of the first ten hits out of 47K) for [Freon Refrigeration]
come back using the word generically.
Google: [Hitler Hero]
I checked the first four pages of links, and other than Arnold praising
Adolph, I came up with no links supporting a positive view.

>>I *am* saying that their branding was too good and for the majority of the
>>population, including the examples I provided of more than a score of
>>engineering firms, Freon is a generic term.

> only to the _ignorant_ which is what ive stated from the beginning. using
> the term is why i called you ignorant. defending its usage as industry
> terminology in the face of someone within the industry telling you otherwise
> is what makes you an ignorant ****.

Sorry bub, I'll trust my own eyes (and provide cites) rather than just
trusting your "word" for it. I understand that you believe what your
saying is correct, but you need to lift your view from the narrow scope
of your trade magazines and training manuals, which BTW, most likely
have DuPont as a paid advertiser.

>>I simply demonstrated the fundamental error in your statement that the
>>word Freon is NEVER used as a generic term for CFCs/a Class of
>>Refrigerants/a chemical compound.

> i didnt say it was never used. i said it was never used within the
> industry.

And I provided dozens of examples of it being used generically "within
the *Industry*", or are you judge and jury about who gets included "in
the industry".

> BOTTOM LINE, you stated "freon is a compound". dictionary.com
> defines freon as a trademark.

Yes, and I've shown usage beyond that.
http://reference.allrefer.com/encyclopedia/F/Freon.html

>>Ok then, I am still waiting to see these puddles of freon of yours!

> concentration. i know that the wind will blow it around a mix it up, but
> its not going to carry it all the way to the ozone layer.

Why not?

> do you have any idea how short the life of chlorine is in sunlight?

Given that sunlight rarely causes transmutation of elements, ummmm, plus
or minus a couple of billion years, I'd say *infinite*. However that
said, you may be thinking of hypochlorous acid (HOCl) which is the
chemical compound that referred to as "chlorine" in your swimming pool.
Thank you for an excellent example of a genericized term in common
usage, that to most of the world seems quite obvious, but one that an
"insider" may take exception to.
Cl2+H2O-> HCl+HOCl 4(HOCl)-> 2(H20)+O2+Cl2

--
jeff

Old July 21st 05, 09:43 PM
Nathan W. Collier

"jeff" > wrote in message
> Seven out of the first ten hits out of 47K) for [Freon Refrigeration] come
> back using the word generically.

lol i dont care what websites you can find it has nothing to do with real
world usage. why dont you call a refrigeration company in your local area
and ask them for yourself before preaching from your pedestal of ignorance?

> Google: [Hitler Hero]
> I checked the first four pages of links, and other than Arnold praising
> Adolph, I came up with no links supporting a positive view.

thats funny, i came up with several from a simple google search. for one,
http://www.americannaziparty.com/ with my point being that you can find a
website to support any view you so choose. that doesnt give your position
any credibility.

> Sorry bub, I'll trust my own eyes

lol....yes, 15 minutes in google is worth far more than many years of first
hand experience! <rolling eyes>

its cool jeff, the ignorant wallows in ignorance theres nothing new there.
that youre WRONG as clearly defined by dictionary.com obviously means
nothing to you.

> Yes, and I've shown usage beyond that.
> http://reference.allrefer.com/encyclopedia/F/Freon.html

expands upon, but does not define.

> Given that sunlight rarely causes transmutation of elements, ummmm, plus
> or minus a couple of billion years, I'd say *infinite*.

lol can you give me ANYTHING to prove that assinine statement?

> you may be thinking of hypochlorous acid (HOCl) which is the chemical
> compound that referred to as "chlorine" in your swimming pool.

oh yeah? what about pure chlorine gas used in pools?

Old July 21st 05, 09:53 PM
Peter Pontbriand

Yikes! Remind me to stay away from those pools ...

/Peter

Old July 21st 05, 10:26 PM
jeff

Nathan W. Collier wrote:
> its cool jeff, the ignorant wallows in ignorance theres nothing new there.
> that youre WRONG as clearly defined by dictionary.com obviously means
> nothing to you.
>
>>Yes, and I've shown usage beyond that.
>>http://reference.allrefer.com/encyclopedia/F/Freon.html

> expands upon, but does not define.

{Freon[frE´on] [trade name], any one of a special class of chemical
compounds that are used as refrigerants, aerosol propellants, and
solvents. These compounds are haloalkanes, .. There are a number of
other Freons .. }

Is your reading comprehension level that low, or is is a simple case of
denial?
First, it it says quite plainly that Freons are compounds, secondly it
continues to use the term in a generic manner.

> do you have any idea how short the life of chlorine is in sunlight?
>>Given that sunlight rarely causes transmutation of elements, ummmm, plus
>>or minus a couple of billion years, I'd say *infinite*.

> lol can you give me ANYTHING to prove that assinine statement?

Let me get this straight: You are claiming that sunlight destroys the
chlorine atom? as in gone?

>>you may be thinking of hypochlorous acid (HOCl) which is the chemical
>>compound that referred to as "chlorine" in your swimming pool.

> oh yeah? what about pure chlorine gas used in pools?

You snipped that part: Cl2+H2O-> HCl+HOCl
Here is the tutorial: Chlorine gas (Cl2) is disolved in water (H2O) it
forms two compounds, hydrochloric acid (HCl) and hypochlorous acid
(H0Cl). The latter is what provides the germacidal action however it is
not strongly stable and sunlight breaks it down like this:
4(HOCl)-> 2(H20)+O2+Cl2 You know what's truely ironic? This selfsame
model of sunlight dissociating chlorine from a compound is what is
giving the enviro scientists such fits!
I couldn't have asked for a better straight man <G>

--
jeff