AX-15 Capacity

Old July 19th 05, 08:43 AM
Will Honea

Default AX-15 Capacity

What's the oil capacity of the AX15 tranny? Time to make a mess
again...

--
Will Honea
Old July 19th 05, 02:40 PM
rjmax

I just ordered som Red Line MT from Summit Racing. It was the cheapest
I could find. I haven't put it in yet but I hear and have read that it
is really good. Here is a link to some Red Line MT-90.

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp

Old July 19th 05, 09:00 PM
Will Honea

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:40:15 UTC "rjmax" > wrote:

> I just ordered som Red Line MT from Summit Racing. It was the cheapest
> I could find. I haven't put it in yet but I hear and have read that it
> is really good. Here is a link to some Red Line MT-90.
>
> http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp

Thanks, guys. I found the Redline MT90 at a local speed shop, but
couldn't remember the amount I needed and the manuals I have are no
help - I swapped the AX15 in for the old BA10/5.

Now to see how much of a mess I can make changing 2 diffs, the tranny,
the tc, and the engine all at once. The initial question was to find
out if my catch pan was big enough to keep from having the last quart
or two run all over the floor <g>.

--
Will Honea
Old July 20th 05, 06:57 PM
J Strickland

Fill it until it's full.

Old July 20th 05, 09:03 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.billhughes.com/AX15lube.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old July 21st 05, 02:38 AM
Will Honea

Yep, but...

1. how much do I need to buy?
2. how much is gonna come out when draining to overflow my catch pan
all over the floor?

Experience is such a great teacher!

--
Will Honea
Old July 21st 05, 02:53 AM
Will Honea

Bookmarked - thanks, Bill. Interesting that this calls for GL5 while
everyone else is saying GL3 because of the brass synchros in the AX15.
Think I'll stick to Redline MT90, even if I do have to drive across
town to get it from the speed shop.

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:03:07 UTC L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

--
Will Honea
Old July 21st 05, 02:59 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Just to make sure what is it you're working on, the page was for a
'97 TJ.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 21st 05, 09:01 AM
Will Honea

An AX15 is an AX15. Mine was from a 94 YJ. I've checked parts and
there are no year-toyear models ranges for those things.

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 01:59:00 UTC L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Old July 21st 05, 03:48 PM
Earle Horton

I got a gallon out of my AX-5. I couldn't believe it, for such a small
transmission.

Earle

"Will Honea" > wrote in message
> Yep, but...
>
> 1. how much do I need to buy?
> 2. how much is gonna come out when draining to overflow my catch pan
> all over the floor?
>
> Experience is such a great teacher!
>

> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:57:01 UTC "J Strickland" >
> wrote:
>
> > Fill it until it's full.
> >

> > "Will Honea" > wrote in message
> > > What's the oil capacity of the AX15 tranny? Time to make a mess
> > > again...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Will Honea

> --
> Will Honea

How Much Road Capacity is Wasted Due to Poor Driving? Scott en Aztlán Driving 106 July 8th 05 06:28 AM
fluid capacity of GM 9.5" rear axle Brian Technology 0 April 4th 05 06:46 PM
towing capacity mrdenial Ford Explorer 3 January 18th 05 02:19 AM
1996 Grand Caravan v6 300 oil capacity Jim Dodge 2 May 10th 04 03:36 AM