RSC-Any News?

Old December 9th 04, 04:00 PM
TlgtrProd

Default RSC-Any News?

I need my RSC!!!! Anyone have any kind of update??

TIA

Kevin (aka tlgtr)
****
Zip slowly, medical statistics show that over 100,000 people are injured
annually by their clothing.

Old December 9th 04, 05:11 PM
Krishna Murphy

TlgtrProd wrote:
> I need my RSC!!!! Anyone have any kind of update??
>
> TIA
>

> Kevin (aka tlgtr)
> ****
> Zip slowly, medical statistics show that over 100,000 people are injured
> annually by their clothing.

There's a simple, one-page update at RSC:

"We have discovered certain unsecure code in some sub-sites , which
resulted in Us taking down the site to restructure the installation in
general.

Unfortunately we had no time to put out information regarding this, and
we therefore hope that we will get the rscnet.org back online real fast."

Alan.
Old December 9th 04, 09:43 PM
Uwe Schürkamp

On 09 Dec 2004 15:00:14 GMT, TlgtrProd wrote:
> I need my RSC!!!! Anyone have any kind of update??
>
> TIA
>

> Kevin (aka tlgtr)

Yep, they found out that web forums suck and recommend using usenet
instead. The five-year scientific trial has now officially ended. ;-)

Cheers,

uwe

--
Uwe Schuerkamp //////////////////////////// http://www.schuerkamp.de/
Herford, Germany \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ (52.0N/8.5E)
Old December 9th 04, 10:51 PM
mcewena

>Yep, they found out that web forums suck and recommend using usenet
>instead. The five-year scientific trial has now officially ended. ;-)

oooh somehow I think that won't go unchallenged

Couldn't agree more. btw.

I know it's a labour of love for the guys who put it together and I
appreciate the effort and intent but I can never find what I'm looking
for in there, but I can find 50 different varieities of smilies...

Old December 9th 04, 11:05 PM
Phil Lee

"Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message

> Yep, they found out that web forums suck and recommend using usenet
> instead. The five-year scientific trial has now officially ended. ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> uwe

You know what, that really makes all the hard work, effort and personal
financial investment myself and the other site admins have put into RSC feel
really worthwhile. Maybe we should just forget about trying to get the site
back online and pull the plug on the forum and websites we host for the
community.

Thanks once again for your support.

Phil Lee
RSC Administrator.
http://www.rscnet.org

Old December 10th 04, 12:41 AM
Ian Stanley

I've always found the search function quite useful when looking for stuff

Old December 10th 04, 12:52 AM
Ruud Dingemans

Phil Lee wrote:
>>Yep, they found out that web forums suck and recommend using usenet

> that really makes all the hard work, effort and personal
> financial investment myself and the other site admins have put into RSC feel
> really worthwhile.
> Thanks once again for your support.

Eeeeasy there now Tiger.... Relax, it's still appreciated.

Although the comments about speed (which, as you well know, sux sox
nowadays, even if it's mainly due to server hardware and not RSC admins)
and not being able to find stuff (a lot of files are still missing after
months) did contain the odd grain of truth, as you well know.

But the downtime right now kind of reeks like hacker attack or major
server error. What happened?

Regards, Rudy
----------
GPLRank: -24
Old December 10th 04, 12:52 AM

Surely he was joking.

Old December 10th 04, 01:11 AM
GTR-Racer

sehr witzisch

Old December 10th 04, 01:28 AM
elrikk

"Phil Lee" > wrote in message
> "Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message
>

> > Yep, they found out that web forums suck and recommend using usenet
> > instead. The five-year scientific trial has now officially ended. ;-)
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > uwe

> You know what, that really makes all the hard work, effort and personal
> financial investment myself and the other site admins have put into RSC

feel
> really worthwhile. Maybe we should just forget about trying to get the

site
> back online and pull the plug on the forum and websites we host for the
> community.
>
> Thanks once again for your support.
>
> Phil Lee
> RSC Administrator.
> http://www.rscnet.org

Don't let the people who prefer usenet get you down.

You run a fine site and I, for one, would miss it terribly.

Elrikk

PS. Usenet is OK though. (when the wacko's leave it alone.) ;o)